Hi everyone. I have had my marshall avt150 half stack for a while now and i have realised that the acoustic simulator channel doesn't sound the same- it used to make my Lp sound like a real acoustic but now it just sounds like a duller version of the clean channel. Does anyone have any ideas what might be wrong with it? Cheers
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
Sometimes that happens. It may not be the amp, it may be your ears. I have bought an amp and then loved it. A while later I realize it just doesn't sound as good as I thought.
the marshall avt is a hybrid with a single 12ax7 tube in the preamp, if youve had it for a while it may just need to be replaced, I happen to know that all the channels run through that single valve, so just take it to a tech and have him replace it and your amp will sound brandnew, make sure you get a good preamp tube.
i think that the acoustic simulator is the only channel that isnt run through the preamp tube though, since it doesnt have to warm up when i switch the amp on
*Blah blah blah my soul to take*
Quote by Abnormal_Omish
i think that the acoustic simulator is the only channel that isnt run through the preamp tube though, since it doesnt have to warm up when i switch the amp on

Ya I remember hearing that before when I was talking to someone about the AVT series.

Quote by Abnormal_Omish
also how often do i need to replace the tube?

I don't think that you ever have to. I has the Valvetronix series from Vox and you don't have to replace them. They have minimal amounts of power going through them.
Last edited by jmac72187 at May 26, 2006,
no problem, it depends on how often you play an amp, but usually tubes need to be relplaced every year or so, just talk to a tech i.e. where you got your amp and see about getting it replaced, it should be super cheap seeing how you only have one preamp tube.
Quote by Mushok413
no problem, it depends on how often you play an amp, but usually tubes need to be relplaced every year or so, just talk to a tech i.e. where you got your amp and see about getting it replaced, it should be super cheap seeing how you only have one preamp tube.

It is a hybrid though. They don't work the same as tube amps.