Hi

im lookin to buy a crate 120 watt combo amp because my neighbor has an fxt120 and it sounds really awesome for its price, but when i was on musicians friend, it has the fxt120 and glx220 with the same features but the latter is more expensive.

here is both links to musicians friend

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-GLX212-120Watt-2x12-Combo-Amp-with-Effects?sku=487689 thats the glx

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-FXT120-Guitar-Combo-Amp-with-DSP?sku=487787 thats the fxt

if anyone can tell me why the glx is more expensive, please do

also if the glx is better, i havent heard the glx but the fxt sounds awesome (ive heard my neihgbors)

thanks
Last edited by baseballa9136 at May 26, 2006,
I'm not sure but the glx seems like it has an illuminated control panel and a built-in tuner
That might be the only difference.

EDIT: Ok, maybe the effects too.
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Looks like they have the same power and speakers but different effects. I guess you should choose the ones that you like best. Also compare the customer comments on each item (below the product description) and the numeric ratings (value, features and the rest).

Get that huge output bigger venues demand!
The Crate GLX212 120-Watt 2x12" Combo Amp with Effects is a performance monster. With 2 12" Crate speakers and 120W output, it features 3-channel operation with an effect memory that recalls your settings as you switch channels. 16 digital effects, an illuminated control panel, and built-in tuner are hot performance extras. 5-year transferrable warranty.
Crate GLX212 120-Watt 2x12" Combo Amp with Effects Features:
120W power
12" speaker
3 channels with channel tracking that remembers effect settings as you switch channels
Built-in tuner with mute switch
Made in U.S.A.
5-year transferrable warranty

16 built-in digital effects including:
Slap-back delay
Light flange
Heavy flange
Slow chorus
Fast chorus
Chorus with small-room reverb
Chorus with large-room reverb
Small-room reverb
Large-room reverb
Crate GLX212 120-Watt 2x12" Combo Amp with Effects Specifications:
26.5"W x 20.5"H x 13"D
50 pounds
------------------

An amp for the power-mad guitarist.
You get a whole lot of amp for the price with the Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP. Blow the room away with 120W RMS driving 2 12" speakers. Crate features the FlexWave Evolution 5 preamp for tube tone and feel emulation in the FXT120. 16 DSP effects give it the versatility today's gigging guitarists need. Switchable 3-channel operation with included footswitch. Effects set includes reverb, delay, flange, chorus, multi-effects, touch wah, rotary speaker, and doubler. External speaker jack and chromatic tuner.
Crate FXT120 Guitar Combo Amp with DSP Features:
120W RMS
2 12" speakers
FlexWave Evolution 5 preamp
16 DSP effects include reverb, delay, flange, chorus, multi-effects, touch wah, rotary speaker, and doubler
3-channel operation
External speaker jack
Chromatic tuner
Includes 3-button footswitch