Okay this is kind of a sloppy recording, but my fingers were starting to hurt, and I mostly need help on my singing... so please, listen, and tell me what's wrong with it exactly, and not just that it sucks. Thanks...

http://teap.dmusic.com
Chances are no, I don't have any idea what I'm talking about.
Last edited by Teap at May 26, 2006,
Rofl, sorry, thought I had it in my sig o.o;
hmmm..for the sake of not flaming like the bloody pits of hell...I won't comment....I'll just say the bear minimum...Michelle branch cover NO EQUAL male cover
Quote by heartion
hmmm..for the sake of not flaming like the bloody pits of hell...I won't comment....I'll just say the bear minimum...Michelle branch cover NO EQUAL male cover

Why not? It's not like the lyrics are geared toward females, and obviously I can sing in that range...

If the song had obviously been meant for girls I wouldn't had done a cover of it. Yellowcard did a cover of Michelle's "Everywhere" and the lead singer is a guy.
Quote by TedZeppelin
Vocals still need work, it was frequently out of key.

Thanks. Anything else I need to work on? If that's my only problem I'll be very happy >>;
Dude,
the guitar is sloppy at the beginning but its alright! its much slower too I think, the strumming for the verse is kinda meant to be different that the chorus. download an acoustic version.
Definitly try and find singing lessons....also listen to the way she sings it, like she sings it pretty softly for the verses, though you got the melody pretty right so at least you know your not tone deaf or anything, try moving the capo, you might be able to find the right key for your voice!
We may fall on our faces, but if we do we will fall with dignity,a guitar in our hands and rock in our hearts!
I think you should listen to the original recording to get the tones right because though I know you're trying to be original, work on stabilizing your pitches first to match with hers' first and then your originality. Another thing is that though I'm not saying guys can't do covers of songs sung by girls (Yellowcard proved that), your voice doesn't really match with the types of songs Michelle sings. Just some constructive critism and good luck!