Well, you people didn't answer my other thread so i've deleted that in replace of this, why? i was bored. So, i need a new guitar and amp. I have a so-so Epiphone LP that came with a starters pack and for an amp i have a Fender G-DEC. Yesterday i sold my Brownsville flying V to a friend for $140, and plan to use that as a jump start on my guitar/amp budget. I'm planning to work over the summer as much as i can and maybe do some chores around the neighborhood (mow lawns, wash cars etc.) I play classic and modern rock, punk, and some blues. I'm planning on getting a Fender strat (hopefully American made) and a tube amp, but i'm not too familiar with tube amps. My friend suggested a Mesa but i can't remember the model. Any help is wecomed and thanks for looking.

-Rock
ahha MESA? MESA Boogie? they are for sure top of the top. but they cost more than you can bring in over 5 summers without having any food but thats if your looking for the better ones :P
Last edited by backtothe70s at May 26, 2006,
Quote by backtothe70s
ahha MESA? MESA Boogie? they are for sure top of the top. but they cost more than you can bring in over 5 summers without having any food but thats if your looking for the better ones :P

Actually, a Diezel VH-4 is top of the top, but lets not get into this
But for the amp, I would get a Marshall DSL 401.
Quote by backtothe70s

yea, that's what he suggested, said it was about $1000 though, but they had a "cheaper" one for $800
are u planning on playing in a band? do u want other suggestions?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
seems like cleans should be pretty important to u. fender and traynor amps come to mind.
i bought a fender blues jr and a few pedals last christmas, its loud. sometimes too loud for basement practice and its only 15 tube watts.

im telling u, so u can keep in mind that tube amps sound thier best when cranked. so u dont want to pile on the Watts if its just for bedroom use.
in that case, ull never get the most out of ur amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yeah, im going to say that if ur using this thing in ur bedroom and have no idea when ull be able to use this tube amp out in the world, ur probably best off buying 15W or less.

i have a 15W blues jr, and a few pedals. really loud. and i like to crank it, so last month i picked up a 5W epi tube head (for $99) and currently run it thru an input i added to my old combo amp.

im able to crank that volume almost halfway before i get yelled at.

with solid states, it doesnt matter much if u get too many watts, because SS sound better at lower volumes than they do when cranked.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62