a few of my pegs are loose, as well as their turning things (whatever you call them :P). will this affect my tuning much, and how can i fix it? i'm assuming something's loose under the casing, because its solid on there but whatever sticks out enjoys to rattle around a lil. oh and i read somewhere about turning a screw on it, but the only screws on my machine heads are two on either side of the casing.
Alright, you'll want to tighten down the screws on the underside of your headstock. You will also want to hand-tighten the nuts on each and every machine head. The washer underneath the nut should be flush with the headstock.
Mine are loose too, but they don't effect your tuning. They just get worn after a while from the pull of the strings and turning them so much. I took mine apart before but there's not much you can really do about them being loose.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by SuperAnalytical
^Except for what I said above your post.

lol
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
If he has die-cast covered tuners they most likey don't have adjustable "nuts." Inexpensive tuners usually have bushings which are simply pushed into the hole to keep the tuner posts vertical.

The casings on economy tuners hold the gears very loosely. But usually string tension is enough to keep them from rattling.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior