i broke my wrist (left) so i want to switch my strat to left handed... how much would the parts/ labor cost?

i bet the title was misleading so sorry
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
string it upside down
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
no... i need to get the nut changed around but i dont know what that will take
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
you dont need any new parts do you? just switch the nut around, flip pups around too, and then the strings, i dont know how long you wont be able to play guitar but i dont know if this is worth, it, it will be extremely hard to switch now and probably not worth it
Wait Until Your Wrist Heals Asshole
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
You might want to strap your guitar up acoustic-style so that your wrist isn't actually taking the weight... But other than that... where there's a will, there's a way.

Try playing it upside down before switching anything around, and see if you feel like learning to play all over again.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
thats a moronic idea, first of all, you wont be able to play anything with ur right hand very well, and second of all, how will you strum with ur left hand
just wait, or play open notes
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
just wait, or play open notes

haha, i could imagine having like a 7 neck guitar..each with a different open tuning and just do basic chord progressions on open strings lol
Quote by DoctorDickler
use your toes and penis

wtf

since when could guests post?!?!?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
If Django can fret with 2 fingers and a thumb, you can deal with a broken wrist
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would say this would be a good time to learn some slide guitar, in an open tuning, that way its not hard on your wrist, you just gotta be able to hold a slide. Assuming your cast isnt super big or something.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Learn to play lap slide. Just get a new nut, jack up the strings, the pickups, and use heavier strings, and throw the guitar on ur lap.
man from personal experience.. ive broke my wrist and the left one too(wish it was my right one becuz finals were in one week so no finals haha) and you honestly shouldnt be doing anything with it do you knwo the pain of when the doc pulls on it jus to put it bak in its place cuz its broken man i had to go through that twice(im not bein a baby it hurts) u shouldnt do anything jus sit bak and try guitar hero or sumtin i played CS lol
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by boardsofcanada
whats the dick dale way??

forgive my ignorance

The dick dale way is basically stringing the 6th string where the first string should be the 5th string where the 2nd string is etc.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Last edited by Scorzerci at May 27, 2006,
Quote by Scorzerci
The dick dale way is basically stringing the 6th string where the first string should be the 5th string where the 2nd string is etc.

You just mean upside-down, don't you?
Yes, thats a simpler way to put it
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!