Ok, I want to replace the Tune-O-Matic tailpiece on my Epiphone SG. I'd like it to lock or have fine tuners, but I also want something that is available in black. It doesn't have to be a traditionalT-O-M, it just needs to retrofit.
Quote by TweekGuitar
They are not heavy metal. They are pussy metal. They worship god.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Last edited by Funky P at May 26, 2006,
Ok, on the second one, do both pieces mount onto the little anchor things already in the guitar? I don't want to have the big holes that are already there to just be empty.
Quote by TweekGuitar
Quote by i_am_jimi
Ok, on the second one, do both pieces mount onto the little anchor things already in the guitar? I don't want to have the big holes that are already there to just be empty.

Check the dimensions of your TOM and match it with the Schaller. That should give you your answer.
No, you misunderstand me. What I mean is I see that the bridge piece is post-mounted, but is the tailpiece part also post mounted, or does it just attach to the bridge piece? Because if it just attaches to the bridge piece, I'll have 2 big holes in my guitar where my TOM tailpiece used to be.
Quote by TweekGuitar
They should fit over your existing posts, but if not, the bridge comes with posts, wherein you just have to swap posts.

I'll just leave the above just in case that's what you're going for.

The Schallers shown are both 1 piece, so yes, there would be holes. However, you can easily fill these with an appropriate-sized dowel at the correct depth. And if there's any bumpiness, you can just sand it down. With this, you can paint over the dowels and make it look like nothing happened.