ok i used a pick for bass since i started ( i used fingers too ) but ever since i switched from pick to fingers ive gotten a hell of alot better, making better riffs, grooves, melody's solos, basslines in general, anyone else have something similar?
yea u can play faster with ur fingers then u can with a pick so u can play more songs
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Yeah, that happens. It's partially because you can get a much wider tonal range out of your bass playing with your fingers.
you'll notice that fingers have a softer sound and are less harsh, so it makes you think of completely different things to play
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
you'll notice that fingers have a softer sound and are less harsh, so it makes you think of completely different things to play

heh thanks for the help, advice, and inspiration =) thanks a ton
that is actually true...like i remember when i first picked up a bass...i used a pick and i always slowed down rest of the members. i started practicing with my fingers and it helped me in a whole lot of ways.
- brown kid? -
Quote by IndieMetalhead

i think so too, the tone is much more mellow, and in the low bass range, this tends to sound nicer than a brighter, more percussive picked sound. using a pick, it sounds more like the low notes on a piano, which are awfully harsh sounding unless played very lightly. fingerstyle bass smooths that out.