Poll: E Flat or Standard
Poll Options
View poll results: E Flat or Standard
E Flat
10 48%
Standard
11 52%
Voters: 21.
Hi, I can't decide whether to keep my guitar in E flat or standard. I love the bassy sound of E flat but most songs i like are in standard and is confusing when reading tabs.
If it helps, i listen to bands like skynyrd, rhcp, incubus, and foo fighters and a ton of classic rock bands
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
You can just use Eb and still play the standard E by just making it a half step further. But its not possible to play open chords that sound like the standard E tuning, only power chord is possible/ bar chord. It work wonders for solos, arpeggios, scales, modes coz its easier to fret.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I know everything is just plauyed but since i am without a band i like to play with the recording of the song im playing with the guitar taken out so i fill it in.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
It shouldnt matter too much if your not playing out live. If your in a band/gig situation i'd get 2 guitars.
Quote by i(ncubus)play
I know everything is just plauyed but since i am without a band i like to play with the recording of the song im playing with the guitar taken out so i fill it in.

So with a backing track huh. I think tuning in Eb will be easier coz of the fretting and you just move all the notes 1 half step forward. And try to substitute any open chords with a bar chord or power chord thats also half step then the original standard tuning.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by 79stratSTONES
you could keep it in Eb and im pretty sure if u capo it at first, itd be back to standard.

That works perfectly.
If nearly all the stuff you play is in standard then what's the point?
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
^Bends and fretting notes are easier if you downtune.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic