So I picked some Fast-Fret up tonight and tried it out on my strings... amazingly fast. So my question is, is this meant for the back of the neck also?
It says that it won't ruin the finish. Sometimes my neck gets sticky because its a painted les paul neck and then my hands sweat. Have any of you guys put it on the neck? I don't want to do it sand then not be able to get it off or something.
its fine to put it on the neck. but keep in mind it will be very slippery. i only ever do it to basses, just coz i like to slide on bass.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by joel_grieve
its fine to put it on the neck. but keep in mind it will be very slippery. i only ever do it to basses, just coz i like to slide on bass.

Can you get it off after you put it on if you don't like it?
yeah just get a rag or some tissues and wipe it off. wipe hard though.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
yeh just try it on parts of your neck that are really sticky then if you like it do it to the rest of your neck
I apply it to the back of my strat neck all the time. For one I love the glossy finish that it gives it, plus I love the action that it gives you nice and slick easy to play, for me it gives it a more enjoyable feel.
Quote by uterus
so he can purify his air, asshole.

My Rig:
Customized Squire Strat
Vox Valvetronix 100VT
Boss MT2 Metal Zone
Dunlop Crybaby
Ernie Ball strings
Suck it up and play normally?

Then again.. I do want to experience this slick oiled wood being caressed by my warm loving hands at least once in my life..
Fast fret is said to be good for wood maintenance, but if you put it on a finished neck, instead of original wood neck, like RG neck, it'll just be slippery. I personally dont like to use fast fret coz yeah, at 1st it'll lube your fretboard like a hot wet vagina, but eventually, i found that later on, it'll be sticky and slows you down after its dried. And because of its slipperyness, i lose quite a bit of accuracy and my slide tends to be really sloppy and i miss note for quite a lot of times too.

You may become too dependant on it, similar like a drug effect, in order to play fast. Waste of money if you ask me. Then again, it may be just me talking.......
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yuk i wouldnt like fast fret on the back of the neck..i use talcum powder (dont know what you call it in Yankeeland babypowder or summit) which makes it very smooth and helps prevent string erosion (mind you not a problem with the new elixir anti rusts!).

I use fast fret for the strings and i apply it to the fingerboard when changing string sets