What are some good funny songs to play on acoustic? Something to get a crowd of people to have a good time.
Hit refresh on the page to make him go away.

Play anything by Tenacious D or Sean Cullen. (**** Her Hard or Keilbasa might be a bit too much for women in the audience.)
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Greenday songs, they should make anyone with any musical knowledge whatsoever burst into histerical laughter

*glances at punk/emo group and gives cheesy smile and thumbs up*
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by fsb_ben
u mean fukk her gently? LOL

OMG LAWL!1!!!1!

Yes, but it's a 2-track section of the album.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I would say Tenacious D. Tribute is a great song to play, and the lyrics are sweet.
Stephen Lynch is a comedian who uses the guitar to do his act.
ya tenacious d is really funnyy... try inward singing theres no acoustic part tho hehe
I agree, for something funny you can never go wrong with the D. However, for something that's a bit smoother, check out "Girl I Wanna Lay You Down" by Animal Liberation Orchestra. When I saw Jack Johnson last year, he and ALO played this and every girl in the crowd loved it.

"and when I touch you, I can feel my heart flutter, 'cause your smooth and creamy, like peanut butter"
"i'm gonna flood you like a love river, oh baby the postman is about to deliver"

It's pretty corny, but as long as the audience knows that you're just having a laugh, they should love it.

EDIT: Booty Call by G. Love is also perfect for what you need.
Guitars
"Dakota" - Fender Splatter Strat
"Jacqueline" - Maton CW80
acoustic wise throw in something like

The Used/Taste Of Ink - always gets a laugh
All American Rejects/Swing Swing - guarenteed a sing a long
Outkast/Hey Yah! - makes people laugh when you sing/rap
Avril Lavigne/Complicated - Also good

And as for actual funny songs, anything by Stephan Lynch will melt faces.
Tenacious D or Steven Lynch.

Has anyone heard "Spiderman"? I was literally rofl.
There is no place else to go
The theater is closed
Quote by HardAttack
(**** Her Hard or Keilbasa might be a bit too much for women in the audience.)

Why would a women not be able to listen to the D? You offensive sexist ****.
Actualy, im not that offended, but you made a really stupid comment there.

Anyway, anything by tenacious D....
And I know hes a bit sad, but Donovan has written some quite funny stuff Maby im the only one who thinks that?
f a n t a s t i c a l
I Love My Shirt by Donovan definitely
Keep the change, pimps don't jangle
or the all classic Fread's Riding Fread by Rodney Carrington.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
maybe "i wanna fck a dog in the a$s" or "when you fcked grandpa" by blink 182

usually gets good laughs in a crowd of friends
i like to cover n'sync, backstreet boys, and britney spears songs for a good laugh... EVERYBODY will know the songs and the crowd always seems to get a good kick out of it.

my two favorites are dirty pop by nsync and hit me baby one more time by britney spears
Flight of the Conchords is pretty funny. They're an acoustic duo from New Zealand (I think). They're a good alternative to Tenacious D and Stephen Lynch.
Search for the song "Rich Young Dumb Nymphomaniac". It couldnt be easier to play too.
Quote by jimtaka
i like to cover n'sync, backstreet boys, and britney spears songs for a good laugh... EVERYBODY will know the songs and the crowd always seems to get a good kick out of it.

my two favorites are dirty pop by nsync and hit me baby one more time by britney spears

I played I Want it That Way at a recent show. People were singing along and the girls went absolutely crazy! Way recommened
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Three Point One Four-Bloodhound Gang

Easy song to play,it's also hilarious. I always do that for my friends and ladies,they always laugh.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
look up some songs by these dudes called "flight of the conchords" they have some wicked songs that'll get anyone laughing, like "buisness time" "hipphopopotamus vs. the rymenocerus" and "jenny" all good stuff, and really funny, relatively simple to play too
Adam Sandler has some hilarious songs. I recently played Lunch Lady Land and the Chanuka Song around the camp fire and everyone loved it. Make up your own words to Chanuka Song and insult the people you are with...its priceless
Actually Medium Pace by Adam Sandler is the best. That will turn some heads in a crowd. Also some better stuff by Rodney Carrington would be Dear Penis and Who Put the Dick On the Snow Man? Oh and you could do B*tches Ain't Sh*t by Ben Folds. Thats also a great one.
the super mario brothers theme is quite funny , but not that easy
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
There's a Canadian band called Arrogant Worms that has funny songs like 'A Night in Dildo' (a town in Newfoundland) 'Carrot Juice is Murder,' 'Last Saskatchewan Pirate,' 'Santa's Gonna Kick Your Ass,' 'Jesus' Brother Bob.' Funny stuff...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.