i got a hot rail pickup on my squire on a scale of 1-10 how good do you think it is?
"I will not rest untill the noise has stopped"-Vishus
Depends, alot of people here will be all "WTF ITS A SQUIER!!"

What model is it? What wood is it made out of? Most importantly, do you like the sound?

EDIT: And also remember, If it sounds pretty good in that guitar, if you got a guitar with single coils and much better wood, you can unsolder it and put it in the new guitar, because pickups can be removed and mixed and matched.
yea i really do like the sound of the hot rail i think it's like the strongest single coil pickup out there right now and it makes my guitar sound a lot better but yea
it's basically a humbucker made into a single coil pickup and i'm not telling you to rate my guitar i'm telling you to rate the pickup, my guitar sucks but i broke it in and i don't have any money also i think it has a really nice sound
With a nice deep dark amp and a hotrail in a stratocaster or similar you get a weird tonal balance. I liked it when I tried it w/ my rig (Strat > peavey 5150) it got a really 'Nile" tone. haha.
^Karl sanders used a Strat with a Jackson neck for the two first albums I think.
</IMO>
Quote by punkrocker_336
it's basically a humbucker made into a single coil pickup and i'm not telling you to rate my guitar i'm telling you to rate the pickup, my guitar sucks but i broke it in and i don't have any money also i think it has a really nice sound

I've been wondering about this, does it actually buck those hums? I'm serious here
Quote by Danno13
^Nile from a Hotrails!?

Sweeet.

I gotta try that.

haha it balanced out the whole strat w/ maple fretboard and hotrails (treble out the nose) with the dark fat tone of the 5150. Was funny. haha.
I have Hots Rails in the bridge matched up with Texas Specials on one of my Strats. They are OK for not having to modify your body but just not the same as a bucker in the bridge.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
^x2.

i like mine, ive got rails in my tele and one in my strat.
they run silent and sound like really hot singles. ive got some low gain clips in my sig.

if u want a humbucker sound u should probably fit in a humbucker.

i like the output my stacked (also silent) dimarzio Virtual Vintage heavy blues sinlge gives in the mid spot on my strat.
the output is just as high and the tone is a bit more balanced.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011