Hey all, I've had this Aria STG 003 Series for like 3 years now and constant play. It has only been serviced once. The strings have broken heaps had to buy lots of new strings and put them on. I've realised that none of the strings on my guitar are in line like some are higher than the other and some lower. Also the pick ups are really rusty and sometimes when I'm playing the sound just cuts out and I know it's the guitar and not lead or amp cause I've used numerous leads and amps. So what pick ups should I buy to replace it and what should I do to fix up the strings to get them in line?
ummmm what amp do you have? and do you trust yourself to fix a guitar? how much do you wanna spend on pickups? what sounds are you looking for from your pickups.
Well it's a starter pack amp the crap Leem 10 Watt one that came with the Aria. It might not neceserally be me fixing it I might take it to a shop and get it done. For pick ups nothing over 200 dollars just something that will make ti sound sweet for normally, punk rock, rock, blues.
Umm.. could you explain what you mean by that? It's like a stratocaster, 1 pick up 1 cm away from the neck another about 4 cm away from the first that another tilted a bit about 3.5 cm away from the 2nd and the 3rd one which is tilted is 4 cm away from the bridge.
Quote by ownedmatt
Hey all, I've had this Aria STG 003 Series for like 3 years now and constant play. It has only been serviced once. The strings have broken heaps had to buy lots of new strings and put them on. I've realised that none of the strings on my guitar are in line like some are higher than the other and some lower. Also the pick ups are really rusty and sometimes when I'm playing the sound just cuts out and I know it's the guitar and not lead or amp cause I've used numerous leads and amps. So what pick ups should I buy to replace it and what should I do to fix up the strings to get them in line?

The strings aren't supposed to be inline. the are supposed to match the radius of your fretboard.

The sound cutting out is most likely a problem with the output jack, take it off, make sure everything connected and bend the prong you will see so it is making better contact with the jack.
well there are a load that you could have. you should come back with a list of what pups you looking at and we can tell you if it suits your music taste or not
Well I'm not sure which ones to look at thats the problem. I'm not sure which ones are compatiable.
any single coils will do. i'd put a seymour duncan hot rails in the bridge (closest to the bridge of your guitar) a fender texas special in the middle cool rails in the neck.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel