Ok, well I recently had my birthday and got a fair bit of money to spend. I can spend about $400 AUS on stuff and was wondering if anyone has any suggestings.

I have been playing guitar on and off for a few years, but have been playing seriously for a few months now, and wouldnt mind getting new gear.
At the moment I have a cheapish SX guitar. It is ok and I could probably learn alot more stuff on it.

I have been thinking of getting a bass to learn, but perhaps I would be better off getting better at normal guitar.

So does anyone have any advice? Should I buy a new guitar, save up more to buy a better one, buy a bass, get some accessories, or just practice with my current one and buy something else.

Any advice would really be appreciated.
save up. ibanez 550's and up go for around 600-700 on ebay. exellent guitars. am i to assume you are playing through a 10watt amp?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
What sort of amp have you got? If your ok with your guitar at the moment i'd put the money towards a amp.
I dont really want to buy stuff off Ebay because I dont have a credit card.

I am not sure how many watts my amp is. How can I tell?

Edit: DW, it is 10watts.
Id say go for an amp first( assuming you have a pants one) if not then maybe look at Strat or Tele (Fender) I think they go for about $400ish.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
save your money
Practice a alot
keep saving
practice more
go look for guitars and play a few.
practice more.
play more guitars.
then decide on what you want.
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
Quote by TIMshady1stLP
save your money
Practice a alot
keep saving
practice more
go look for guitars and play a few.
practice more.
play more guitars.
then decide on what you want.

I will remember that. Thanks for the advice!

Quote by Cal UK
Id say go for an amp first( assuming you have a pants one) if not then maybe look at Strat or Tele (Fender) I think they go for about $400ish.

What do you mean by pants?

I have been thinking a Fender Strat would be good, but they are $800. Would it be worth it?
Not unless you play blues, which I'm sure you don't. I say go with Ibanez RG560, the S/S/H makes it versatile enough for anything, and the Wizard neck is the fastest out there.
You know the bitter comes out better on a stolen guitar
You're the BLESSED, we're the Spiders from Mars!

Member 3 of the "Mick Ronson Is an extremely Awesome Guitar Player" Fanclub. PM ThePurpleRabbit to join.
you could always get a multi effects pedal
i got my first one the other week for $150 (Aus) (Digitech RP50, tis ok)
also, my guitar (Ibanez G10) was about $400 (included a bag, lead and 15watt amp)
Funny you should say that, because I have a Digitech RP50 (I forgot to say. I also have a distortion pedal). I might look into getting an Ibanez G10 with the amp maybe. Does anyone else recomend this? It sounds like a good deal.

By the way, I play music like Green Day/Blink 182 and stuff, but I would like something versatile so I can play other stuff.

And also a quick question, what does a different amount of whats do to an amp? Does it make it louder? Do some guitars need better amps than other?

Sorry but I dont know alot.
Honestly the G10 is a beginner guitar and you already have a guitar at that level. I'd recommend saving your money and buying a nicer guitar or amp.

Generally the more watts a amp has the louder it is.
Cool. I dont really need to be too loud. I am pretty much just a bedroom guitarist at the moment.