Yeh, I'm quite new to customising guitars and whatnot.
And, I wanna just do a quick simple mod to my guitar, before I try and shove extra tone controls and stuff to my guitar.
I'm just gonna switch my pickguard for now, lol.
I just wanted to know your opinion on what sort of design/colour i should have on it.
I have an Ibanez G10 (just simple) and it looks sorta like this

I was thinking of just getting a White pickgaurd, or a silver/shiny one that I could get from a guitar shop. Are you able to buy pickguards that are reflective?
anyway, just looking for some ideas
I personally would say keep the pickguard and paint the guitar blood red But if you want to change the pickguard...... maybe bright pure white?
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
the black pickguard on blood red is a cool idea, but the pure white sounds better, seeing as you don't seem to be up to the level of painting yet.

it's good to see someone starting small, and keeping notes on it all. most beginners are like "i'ma build a carved top hollowbody tripleneck with an espresso machine on it!"
Quote by uuhi
Quitting fags was a bitch for me so I started eating more than usual.
Yea, Im gonna mod my old Encore guitar soon, give it some new paint and try to spray some logos onto it lol.
~ My Gear ~

Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
You can, check out the Hardtail Jem thread, theres a cool reflective green pickguard on that.
~ My Gear ~

Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
I have a Fender Telecaster in orange sunburst and I'm wondering what would a black pickguard look like on it. Can someone suggest a nice color for pickguards on orange sunburst and how much they cost? Thanks.

I am not the threadstarter. lol.
Fender Lite Ash Tele/Hamer SATF<--Korg DT-10<Zvex Super Hard On<Digitech Bad Monkey<MI Audio Crunchbox<Pro Co "Keeley" Rat<Line 6 M13<<--Marshall JTM60 1x12 Combo
brown is okay, and black is good, and maybe white. they usually run 15-20 USD
Quote by uuhi
If you're keeping the body black, go white pickguard. The black/white contrast always works.
So you CAN get reflective Pickguards? awesome
The only thing is, im afraid that I'll scratch it really bad (I'm, as my friends say a "Guitar Rapist").

it's good to see someone starting small, and keeping notes on it all. most beginners are like "i'ma build a carved top hollowbody tripleneck with an espresso machine on it!"

Lol, my mate wants to make his own guitar (buy the neck, pickups and knobs from somewhere), and he's gonna shove fake fur all over it or something, and he's only using free internet tutorials to help him on all the electronics and stuff, and he hasnt done any sort of electronics like this.

Also, I'm just starting out very small, for, this is my only guitar, and I really really don't wanna do anything major (even though screechy sound knobs would be awesome) until I fully understand everything that I'm doing.
(Yeh, there any links to sites with reflective pickguards?)
It is called a scratch plate for a reason.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
Quote by winno

(Yeh, there any links to sites with reflective pickguards?)

here are a few reflective "scratchplates"

just google this: mirror pickguard

you'll find oodles
Quote by uuhi
wow, those pickgaurds are hotseks
Quote by IndieLee
It is called a scratch plate for a reason.

well, yeh, but with a pickguard that sexy you wouldnt really wanna get it really badly scratched (I play quite hard by the way)

yeh, thanks for the google tip, lol