Anyone like Helmet?

I'm not a huge fan of them, but Meantime is a bit different, and that album totally owns, its got some kickass groovy riffs.

Discuss.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
meh, In The Meantime is a good song, the rest of it isnt great. more influencial than they're given credit for; they kinda helped kick off the whole nu-metal phase.
well iv heard them compared to system of a down deftones and tool all of which i love but i dunno if thats because they are good or because people think deftones soad and tool are nu metal which to be fair they are not
I need a Helmet FOr My BLind Melon
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
I think a lot of Meantime is kindof like RATM, but without the rapping. Listen to Iron Head, that could easily be a Rage song.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by fusugar
well iv heard them compared to system of a down deftones and tool all of which i love but i dunno if thats because they are good or because people think deftones soad and tool are nu metal which to be fair they are not

SOAD are nu-metal. they have a myspace page @ www.myspace.com/helmetrocks where you can hear a few songs.