i have a marshall mg30 dfx and i think it sucks i was gonna buy a vox ad30 but after reading the reviews thae marshall is getting good reviews too, now im not sure if i trust these reviews is the vox as good as ive heard
ibanez rocks
Quote by witrudd
i have a marshall mg30 dfx and i think it sucks i was gonna buy a vox ad30 but after reading the reviews thae marshall is getting good reviews too, now im not sure if i trust these reviews is the vox as good as ive heard

30DFX does suck.

I recommend saving for a good tube halfstack, so you wont be needing another amp for quite some time, cos for the past three years I've just been getting different gear, so I'm deciding on the final gear I want...

But I can't help with the Vox I've never played on one... Sorry.
i never played a vox either just reading reviews this marshall is my 1st amp so i dont know whats good or whats not a couple people here told me vox or roland cube
ibanez rocks
The best thing you could do is get a good feel for both of the amps then decide on what sounds better, and suits your needs better.
But IF I were to buy one of those amps I would get the Vox AD30 over the MG30dfx but don't take my word for it.
I personally prefer my MG30dfx to vox amps I've tried. In particular, I didn't get along with the valvetronix. The reason is this: I have a Boss GT8 guitar processor and the frequency dampener on the mg30 adds some nice depth.

Ultimately, I don't like the mg30 anyway, I just think its better than valvetronix for my needs. I'm getting a 120w crate half-stack later... but I'll probabaly use the marshall for band practices beacuse its portable and loud enough. My advice - get a processor
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Quote by orangeacid
I personally prefer my MG30dfx to vox amps I've tried. In particular, I didn't get along with the valvetronix. The reason is this: I have a Boss GT8 guitar processor and the frequency dampener on the mg30 adds some nice depth.

Ultimately, I don't like the mg30 anyway, I just think its better than valvetronix for my needs. I'm getting a 120w crate half-stack later... but I'll probabaly use the marshall for band practices beacuse its portable and loud enough. My advice - get a processor

No, no, no, no.

Vox Valvetronix has far superior tone to anything else in that price range, except maybe the Roland Cube.

Guitar processors suck tone anyway...it's not really gonna matter what amp you play through, they always sound equally bad.

120w Crate stack? I mean, you have 30 watts of utter crap...why do you need 120 watts of utter crap?

Threadstarter:

If you're looking for an amp chiefly for metal, go for the Roland Cube 30.

If you're looking for an all around amp that can do it all, even some metal (not anything extremely brutal, though), go for the Vox Valvetronix AD30VT.
i got a tonecore uber metal for playing judas priest and maiden with a epi g400 custom and it sounds like crap through this amp even ac dc tones sound horrible skynyrd on the clean channel no way help me find what i need
ibanez rocks
Vox Valvetronix has far superior tone to anything else in that price range, except maybe the Roland Cube.

Really? A friends got one and I thought it sounded crap. Hes got a cube as well though, thats nice

And with the right EQ settings, I can make my processor sound very nice, thankyou. Im getting the 120w beacuse the clean sound on it is very clean and thats what my processor needs, and it is also loud.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
Quote by orangeacid
Really? A friends got one and I thought it sounded crap. Hes got a cube as well though, thats nice

And with the right EQ settings, I can make my processor sound very nice, thankyou. Im getting the 120w beacuse the clean sound on it is very clean and thats what my processor needs, and it is also loud.

hahaha... you have no idea what your talking about.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
Orange acid; I live in derby to! Where abouts to you live ???
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Whats better to make a sandwich? real turkey or processed turkey?

Mmm mmm

Whats better? Turkey, or something damn close to turky and also things damn close to beef, tuna, salmon, cheese, ham and chicken, with optional salt and pepper and sauces with any two of pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, rocket, etc etc, plus 42 differnt types of bread? You can even choose to have just the bread and your origional, purist amp?

And then two of each of the origional flavours per half of one sandwhich? Or both at the same time? Or that change depending on how hard you bite?

I like my GT8.
Quote by sprkidjar
i'll give you a rimjob.

Ibanez RGT 42 DX FM TLF
Crate GT1200 Half-stack
Boss GT8
orangeacid.net

(\__/)
Whats better to make a sandwich? real turkey or processed turkey?

Mmm mmm

Whats better? Turkey, or something damn close to turky and also things damn close to beef, tuna, salmon, cheese, ham and chicken, with optional salt and pepper and sauces with any two of pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, rocket, etc etc, plus 42 differnt types of bread? You can even choose to have just the bread and your origional, purist amp?

And then two of each of the origional flavours per half of one sandwhich? Or both at the same time? Or that change depending on how hard you bite?

I like my GT8.

Ha Ha Ha, someone hit a nerve in chimp chimp.
good comeback that was.

Mmm mmm.

cubes are good-er for heavier things, the vox is good for everything but heavy heavy metal.

the thing that made you feel iffy about it is likely the speaker, not the amp itself.

you can upgrade the speaker, or just get the 50.

but both put you out of that price range so whatever.
man, the vox beats the marshall so bad.

and unlike most people here, I've actually owned both and am in much better position to say. for the price of a Vox Valvetronix, you will not find a better solid state amp in that price range. it's as simple as that.
Quote by Supersonic^
man, the vox beats the marshall so bad.

and unlike most people here, I've actually owned both and am in much better position to say. for the price of a Vox Valvetronix, you will not find a better solid state amp in that price range. it's as simple as that.

What about the Roland Cube? IDK y people say its only for heavy stuff. The BlackPanel setting (Fender Twin Reverb) sounds awesome for classic rockish stuff, the Brit Combo setting (Vox AC30TB) sounds AMAZING, the Tweed (Fender Bassman) sounds cool, and the Classic Stack (Marshall JMP1987) sounds a lot like that old 80's metal.