I have a Epiphone Les Paul and want to replace the pickups on it cause there arent that special i have like four different ones im lookin at

this one i like deffently want to get becasue it will giv me that sound i want:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH13-Dimebucker-Pickup?sku=300131

And these are the other ones im lookin at (of course the last one i wouldnt get the first one)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH8-Invader-Pickup?sku=300070

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH4-JB-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=300035

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-SH6-Humbucker-Pair-?sku=300039

I want to be abble to get hard rock/metal/ and classic rock but not make my guitar sound as its always on insane

btw i play though a Spider II 30

so just post different combinations u think would work for what i want

Thanks for ya time
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Haven't heard good things about the Dimebucker or Invader really although some people seem to like them. For a lot of people the JB seems to be a Love/Hate thing but it's a pretty popular pickup so I'm sure someone here will be able to give you more information on it. And for the Duncan Distortions, I don't know what the cleans are like on them but you should try and find out. If you want to have good distorted and clean sounds then you might want to consider a good pickup for distorted sounds in the bridge and one with good cleans in the neck.
    Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
    thanks i want to combine the first 2 links to pickups listed but there both bridge pickups and they dont hav the listed as any other

do u know any good neck clean pcikups/humbuckers
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

go to seymour duncan's site, they have sound clips of their pickups in both positions on clean and dirty, for my epiphone les paul i have a JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck, jb works alright for the metal, but on my shecter C-1 Elite i have the factory JB and Jazz(neck) and i want to put a duncan custom in the bridge, sounds like it has a higher output, but yeah, go to their website

http://seymourduncan.com/
    Quote by otherkid
    thanks i want to combine the first 2 links to pickups listed but there both bridge pickups and they dont hav the listed as any other

do u know any good neck clean pcikups/humbuckers

For seymour duncan pickups, most people seem to think the '59 and Jazz have the best cleans.

As Chad said, you could check out the SD website although I find that their sound clips all sound very similar
    so the dimebucker (first link) and the jazz pickup they offer would be a good combo
    *i dont play much jazz so is it versitle*
    ill look at the 59'
    and does the SD website have a pricing guide?
    thanks
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

i just listened to the 59' on the SD website and i think ive got an idea wat i want

Dimbucker Bridge
    SH-1 59' Neck

and i think im goin to get a CryBaby petal

and if any noes of a a good website that sell guitar neck send me the lind cuase i gotta replace mine (Hercules guitar stand fell on it twice and not the finish it busted)

thanks

EDIT:
    on the guitar neck ive seen ebay and they only have juniors but if some1 checks and something good pops up send it please

and could i put any Epiphone Les Paul on or do i have to get a Les Paul 100 neck ?
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Last edited by otherkid at May 27, 2006,
    your gonna have to find a neck that suits your model. and btw your not gonna get a better sound with your current amp also depending on which crybaby model you get you may get a ****ty version
    Quote by azn_guitarist25
    your gonna have to find a neck that suits your model. and btw your not gonna get a better sound with your current amp also depending on which crybaby model you get you may get a ****ty version

thanks if u search crybaby of musiacns friends its the first one ill get the link if u cant find it it just an orignal nothin fancy
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

that has a crap sweep, you should try it out before. otherwise look at the 535q wah pedal imo better than the gcb-95
    are you just going to totally ignore the advice people are giving you???

Invader=sucks
    Dimebucker=sucks
    JB=real trebly not too good for metal

Spider II= Sucks a LOT. get a new amp first before you worry about pickups. period.
    Quote by Tiamat
    dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
    oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
    for your pick ups i suggest emg 81 in the neck and a 85 in the bridge,i have hz-4s which are passive and i love them and my mates all have 81's and 85's and zakk uses them so they cant be bad and for a wah pedal hendrix pedal by digitech aint bad,the zakk crybaby aint bad and i use a wd7 its made by ibanez and its called a weeping demon 7 its a awsome pedal,but it all coems down to personall opinion
    Everything you have sucks...everything you listed sucks for what you play.

GET A NEW AMP

NOW
    Quote by madpickin03
    "I'd like a Big Mac and a Coke plz"
    "Do you want fries with that sir?"
    "No i want an RG7620 to go with it, no ketchup, Vampire Kiss finish"

Quote by chevellerox2005
    who is ozzy? must not have made that much of an impact ya douche

^
    An EMG81/85 Might not be the best for classic rock and cleans (Maybe an EMG 81/60 for good cleans too?) And doesn't it take a good tube amp to make EMG's shine?

And while I've heard good things abojut the Jimi Hendrix pedal, there are probably better wahs out there. (I'm not saying the Digitech JH isn't a good pedal but it's not really a wah pedal, If you're looking for a wah you should get a wah)
    Quote by smooth9825

Invader=sucks
    Dimebucker=sucks

Spider II= Sucks a LOT. get a new amp first before you worry about pickups. period.

forget about it, if he doesnt want to listen to the advice given let him add whatever he wants. if he complains you can say you warned him
    Quote by azn_guitarist25
    forget about it, if he doesnt want to listen to the advice given let him add whatever he wants. if he complains you can say you warned him

srry ive been out i like wat u guys r listing but i need the links to them so post them please

and ive been listening but im also on a budget that im way over already
    thanks

EDIT:

Quote by Mahavishnu80
    what advice..you are just saying what sucks!. Toolbag.

good point i also need the opinion on the actual sound value and everything not wat just sucks or not
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Links to what? Where you can buy it? Where you can hear it? Where you can get information on it?
    you want opinions go get them we aint your ****ing servants were just here to help you if you wanna act like a tool take it to the pits

edit:you guys want my advice learn to FUCKING read

dimebucker sucks, invader sucks, your amp sucks.

Quote by smooth9825

Invader=sucks
    Dimebucker=sucks

he gave you advice aswell

edit 2:
    Quote by Mahavishnu80
    what advice..you are just saying what sucks!. Toolbag.

look whos the tool

edit 3: if you were to buy emg pickups you do need a tube amp for them to really shine.
    Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 27, 2006,
    In all honesty, better pickups will not help your amp. The real characteristics of better pickups will only come out with a good amp. You can upgrade the pups, but it will be in vain, as the spider will sound just the same.

I did this originally, with my very first amp, thinking it would drastically improve my tone. It didn't....I found no difference. I wasn't until I got my first tube amp, that I could actually see the real traits of the pup. Some were good, some bad.

Forget about the pups....sell your spider and get a better amp with the money.
    ok quick survey

out of the ppl sayin to get a new amp how many hav actually played on a Spider II cause ive been playin on it for a couple months and i havent really found that much bad things about it so wat the hell u guys r talkin bout i dont no

and how many ppl hav actually heard any of those pickups play

ok

1. im 13 and dont hav the kind of money to do half the **** ur sayin
    2. not in a band and if i was i wouldnt be puttin money into mi guitar id being a gettin a new one
    3. im not goin to sell mi amp and a slim chance ill buy a small tube amp
    4. respectin ur opinions but just sayin something sucks and not sayin y doesnt really help me
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

I think what most people here are trying to say is that changing your pickups with your current setup wont make much of a difference to your sound while if you want a different sound then you should get a new amp because it would make more of a difference than new pickups would
    ok, simply put it spider solid state = not that great sounding, fender tube = great sounding. most of uger's have got tube amps and generally dislike the sound from the spider II

^ what he said most of your sound does come from your amp
    Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at May 27, 2006,
    1. Yes, I've played the spider II......it sucks, horribly. Threadstarter: have YOU played a tube amp? How about a Mesa to be more specific?

2. We're trying to get you to save your money. The pup swap will do very little for your overall tone. If you want it so bad, go for it, but it might fall very far short of your expectations. It's up to you....your money.

3. I've heard many many pickups....Enough to suggest a good pair.
    No....not yet.....I'm very curious about the entire hype, but in all honesty, after getting the PRS tremonti pups in my Ibanez, I'm not going to be searching for anything else for quite some time....if ever....probably for another guitar in the future to test them out.

I don't know....I just can't see them being soooo good to justify the price tag....the pups I have are perfect....I personally see no room for improvement. But again, tone is veyr subjective.
    Quote by otherkid

1. im 13 and dont hav the kind of money to do half the **** ur sayin
    2. not in a band and if i was i wouldnt be puttin money into mi guitar id being a gettin a new one
    3. im not goin to sell mi amp and a slim chance ill buy a small tube amp

1. Age means ****. I have an authentic Jackson, which is something that not many 15 year olds have.

2. So? That's just like you're telling me to stick with my ****astic Squier that I had a year ago, just because I'm not a band.

3. Go used. That's how I got my Jackson.
    Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
    Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
    right now im lookin at about 589 USD to buy everything
    including the cost for the new neck (i just put 200 on it)

and its also including a Kustom tube amp im listening to u guys on that one and ill c if i can get it off ebay to save bout 50 bucks cause i got mi parents watchin over this and there not happy cause the prick at daddys wanted us to pay 30 bucks just to find out how much it would cost

pretty sure now that im gettin the SD SH-1 59' but now im thinking about the Dimebucker idn how those two would sound

EDIT:

on the amp i dont think im goin to get rid on the Spider and Ibanez do u hav the link to the pups u have ( dont care if the price is there or not)
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Amp is 60-70 perceent of your tone, listen to these guys. They know what they are talkin about.
    Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
    Well I've been pounding at the pavement
    'Til there's nothing at all
    I got my cloak and dagger
    In a bar room brawl
    See the local loves a fighter
    Loves a winner to fall
    Quote by StratRat13
    Amp is 60-70 perceent of your tone, listen to these guys. They know what they are talkin about.

....if not more.

I would suggest not spending money on new pickups until your amp is good enough to make those new pickups worth it. You probably dont think your amp is bad at all, but have you really gone out and tried tube amps? I didnt think my SS was bad either until i plugged into some Fender tube amps and was blown away. Even if you can't afford a tube amp, save your money for as long as it takes. I did everything backwards and i regret it, now.
    Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
    Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
    I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
    Quote by TNfootballfan62
    ....if not more.

I would suggest not spending money on new pickups until your amp is good enough to make those new pickups worth it. You probably dont think your amp is bad at all, but have you really gone out and tried tube amps? I didnt think my SS was bad either until i plugged into some Fender tube amps and was blown away. Even if you can't afford a tube amp, save your money for as long as it takes. I did everything backwards and i regret it, now.

thanks im not lookin for a huge tube maybe just a small Kustom seems fine and with the rest of mi money i could get the pickups ill just get the petal and then the amp c how it works out then get the pickups cause to hav the local store put them in it about 50 bucks per
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Ok, so instead of blowing 6 million dollars all at once. When you go to the gutiar store try about all the tube amps around there, listen to a variety of music genres and choose the most ideal tones you want. Take note of how they sound, and analyze what gives them that sound. That'll help you develop your sense of tone. Then after you get a new amp, Then look at new pups if your dissatisfied with your toen after a new amp.

Really, the problem with most people here is that they don't have adeveloped sense of tone yet.
    yeah i agree,you can get good tone out of **** pick ups,my mate couldnt afford new pick ups so he bought a distorion pedal and he loves his tone now
    Quote by red_spider
    were do you live?

Southern New Hampshire

Ya ill check out daddys or a GC on the tube but not sure how to check the sound of the pups but ill ask them unless some1 here noes

and btw im been mostly goin to buy these off Muscians Friend
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Eh, im not a fan of buying stuff off of Musicians Friend. I always want to put my hands on something and try it before i buy it. But that's just me.
    Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
    Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
    I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
    Quote by TNfootballfan62
    Eh, im not a fan of buying stuff off of Musicians Friend. I always want to put my hands on something and try it before i buy it. But that's just me.

im def goin to try it at like GC but i think some thing r cheaper there idn though ill go price checkin
    Quote by Birdy266
    Otherkid your a genius

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism