hey,
ive been playing for about a year, i have a fender tele and an ltd ax 400. i want to sell the ltd for maybe about 400-500 USD. which the extra cash im pretty sure i want to get a new amp. i have a great practice amp, a roland micro cube, and another amp that sucks, fender frontman 15 watts(distortion on this sounds like an old man coughing). i play pretty much everything, but im in a band thats like funk rock. i also like to play metal, jazz, rock and blues. what amp is best for me?
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
i have a Spider II 30 which i think is a great amp with kewl sound and it can get pretty loud but depending on ur guitar the clean level sound is pretty crappy so im like always playin through the insane and metal opitions

depend on wat u play if u play like 3 Doors Down stuff wich would be like always on clean it mite not b the best amp
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

how much are you willing to pay? $400-500 only, or more?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
uh the price range is probably gonna be around 400-600
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
maybe a traynor if its in your price range

+1.

Spiders, MGs, and Crates all suck.

I'd say a Traynor, or a used Peavey XXX combo.
Quote by skateguitar7654
hey,
ive been playing for about a year, i have a fender tele and an ltd ax 400. i want to sell the ltd for maybe about 400-500 USD. which the extra cash im pretty sure i want to get a new amp. i have a great practice amp, a roland micro cube, and another amp that sucks, fender frontman 15 watts(distortion on this sounds like an old man coughing). i play pretty much everything, but im in a band thats like funk rock. i also like to play metal, jazz, rock and blues. what amp is best for me?

if its running a little too much over your price the peavey 12 fx is pretty good for what you need...peavey gives some good distortion but this amp does it all
uh the top one which ill barely be able to afford is only 15 watts. is that gonna be hearable above the drums? at a gig?
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
the question is for aznguitarist
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
15watts not too sure, it would depend on how loud your drummer plays. if you were to buy the second one then for sure it would be on par with the drummer
k ill just wait to get the 40 watt thanks for the help everyone if you have a better idea than the 40 watt traynor than post them up and ill check back later
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
I think partly it depends on your musical style. I personally wouldn't use Peavey because I play blues rock and indie.
I have a 90DSL Fender amp which has some amazing tone, i would also recommend Vox and Orange amps as well.

To your question above, you can always mic up your amp and run it through a PA system, you should be fine then.
I think you need more than 15 watts to overcome a drummer, but it varies from brand to brand and from amp to amp.