thepickups
UG Monkey
941 IQ
I'd like to purchase a really good blues album, and quite an old one at that. I want a really emotional one where you can really feel the feelings of the guy, the kind in which the guitar almost cries. There was a guy on ER (the programme)a long time ago who lives with the english yet indian born girl and he was listening to this guy. If anyone can remember the guys name, then post it, but if not, then I'd like the guy to be male and a guitarist, the best you can think of, and quite old and lo fi recording.

Anyone got any recomendations of an artist and the album name?

Thanks
dangnabbit
24 IQ
stevie ray vaughan- texas flood
member #18 of the pit ninja's, sworn enemies of the pit pirates and pit vikings

\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination
slash1965
Ultimate Guitarist!
55 IQ
it depends if you want cleaner tones blues like bb king and robert johnson etc or some with more distortion, eg people lyk gary moore, i personally like blues alive by gary moore, its live n its got a realy good feel to it
When all are one and one is all...
To be a rock and not to roll
5thhorseman
53 IQ
Robert Johnson is definetely low fi and that's where Clapton, Page, and many other great guitarist of the mid to late 60's/early 70's got a lot of influence
the lesser known of the 4
Wylde
UG Electrician
379 IQ
the super super blues band..... it features howlin' wolf, muddy waters, bo diddley singing and playing guitar, buddy guy on bass..... they just pretty much play eachothers songs and make fun of eachother all live. Not to mention its only 7 bucks on amazon.com
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Johnsonville
BLUES Boy
532 IQ
King of the Delta BLues^
Quote by Frank Zappa
Interviewer: "So Frank, you have long hair. Does that make you a woman?"
FZ: "You have a wooden leg. Does that make you a table?"

92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music post
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Damn Right Ive Got the Blues - Buddy Guy
Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Live at Cook County Jail - B.B. King
From The Cradle - Eric Clapton
Irish Tour 74 - Rory Gallagher
Blues - Jimi Hendrix

And I recommend Robert Johnson, Son House, Muddy Waters and especially John Lee Hooker but I dont know what are good albums by them I just have greatest hits.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Robert Johnson is a great place to start if you are looking for delta style blues, many people dont start with that stuff, though.

If you want electric blues, check out Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, etc.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...