get-born
Illegal in 37 States...
2,096 IQ
does anyone else here love there bluesy stuff as much as i do? clapton is a great guitarist, jack bruce's bass lines are incredible, and ginger is a great drummer, im getting disrelli gears today, and was wondering what you guys think of the album and cream in general,

and on a side note, whats the UGblues mafia?
otherkid
UG Newbie
289 IQ
hey i love this band because of them i listen to the classic stuff i do and casue of them i did a year long project on Clapton

ya i bought there 20th century masters cd for mi dad i ended up listening to it more
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

Wylde
UG Electrician
379 IQ
the first album was a bit more bluesy... but either way they were never limited to just the blues they were a psychodelic rocking bluesy trio, they kicked ass, wise decision
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Buy the Cream Reunion Tour they released. In my opinion they are better on that then they have ever been. The highlight is definately Stormy Monday.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
Wylde
UG Electrician
379 IQ
oh no way... those were some rather lifeless performances if you ask me... get the bbc sessions!!!
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by get-born

and on a side note, whats the UGblues mafia?

Well, it's a blues club here on UG. Sadly, im just about the only member of it that comes around here much anymore. If you are interested in information on where a lot of us now post, PM me.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at May 27, 2006,
~AdNy
Banned
518 IQ
Quote by IrishBlues
Buy the Cream Reunion Tour they released. In my opinion they are better on that then they have ever been. The highlight is definately Stormy Monday.

yeah dude, taht concert album owns. disreali gears, also an amazing album. i was lucky enough to see them when they came to New York last year. 3 absolutely INCREDIBLE musicians, great band.
Sprice
322 IQ
Wheels of Fire i thought was my favorite

and I think of Cream as the First ever Supergroup
thetearsibleed
...:)
374 IQ
cream is amazing, the albert hall dvd is excellent, and iif you like cream also check out
Derek and the Dominoes album Layla and other assorted love songs

clapton IS god
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

TheHeartbreaker
The Pope of Zeppelinism
1,584 IQ
Quote by thetearsibleed
cream is amazing, the albert hall dvd is excellent, and iif you like cream also check out

clapton IS god

To be honest, I think Derek and the Dominos was Eric's best band. Even though they put out only one studio album, one live album (missing Duane Allman), and a CD containing a few jams, everything they made was absolutely awesome.
skydogzoso1986
430 IQ
i agree on that TheHeartbreaker, it's just a perfect match between duane allman and eric clapton, just incredible musicians on that album. it's one of my favorite albums ever, i think how clapton puts his emotions into his work is absolutely fantastic and i haven't seen many other musicians in a way he did it. wasn't derek and the dominos working on a new album with new songs? but eventually they ended falling apart because of clapton's heroin addiction
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
How can you not like cream?

disraeli gears and wheels of fire are great albums.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
thetearsibleed
...:)
374 IQ
^ those are great...i just spent 2 hours watching the albert hall dvds while playing along...oh dam there amazing
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

ledhed68
1,305 IQ
if you like the bluesier stuff, get fresh cream, wheels of fire and disraeli grears are more psycadelia, and goodbye is more pop than the other albums
zxZoSoxz
Just lookin for some tush
47 IQ
Quote by thetearsibleed

clapton IS god

Derek and The Dominoes is almost nothing like Cream, it's an entirely different setup (not a trio) and Eric's moved to his Strat by then (I'm pretty sure). He's also singing, which tends to make his playing less expressive. He used to only be able to express himself through guitar, but now he can also sing. Whathaveyou.
I really don't like that album that much. Most of it is good, but at times it gets too watered down, overproduced, or somewhat uninspired, if you ask me.
Cream is alot better I think.

and the RAH DVD is very different from their original stuff. I don't like it as much. You really can't play Cream without Clapton's 60's era setup. Even if you are Clapton.
Cream isn't Cream without the "woman tone".
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
Have you heard about my baby? Yes, how I love her, you don't know.
I declare it hurt be so bad, when I heard she'd got to go.
IrishBlues
Eat A Peach for Peace
480 IQ
Even though I love Layla and other assorted loved songs i do prefer Cream. I was always partial to the smaller bands becuase its more raw. When Clapton has a bigger band behind him he seems to play less, where as in Cream it was just him on guitar and he played with more feeling.

As far as Clapton's tone, I absolutely loved the sound he got on RAH. During Layla he was using Brownie, his strat, and I don't really care for the very high trebbley sound. During the 60s his woman tone was great but I think the sound he got during the Reunion Tour is the greatest tone Ive ever heard. Stormy Monday was just amazing.

Don't want to be an actor pretending on the stage
Don't want to be a writer with my thoughts out on the page
Don't want to be a painter 'cause everyone comes to look
Don't want to be anything where my life's an open book

Phish - Waste
-AliceCooper
Banned
220 IQ
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
To be honest, I think Derek and the Dominos was Eric's best band. Even though they put out only one studio album, one live album (missing Duane Allman), and a CD containing a few jams, everything they made was absolutely awesome.

i have to disagree, i think cream overall is a better band, i think clapton was better with derek and the dominos, but overall i like creams bluesy style better...
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Quote by IrishBlues
Even though I love Layla and other assorted loved songs i do prefer Cream. I was always partial to the smaller bands becuase its more raw. When Clapton has a bigger band behind him he seems to play less, where as in Cream it was just him on guitar and he played with more feeling.

This also shows with Clapton's current set up. With all those guys backing Clapton up, he just kind of lays back and his solos seem a bit uninspired.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
skydogzoso1986
430 IQ
i feel the same about that thing. he didn't really push it to concentrate on his guitar when he's singing. he depends on the work of doyle and trucks, i can't blame him for doing that, but i guess the days of being a guitar god ended when he decided to concentrate on his singing and lyrics. since then, he started playing with more guitarists onstage and he probably feels more comfortable now with one on his side
Fender Classic Series '50s Telecaster
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Mi Audio Crunch Box
cadmium_blimp
21 IQ
Does anybody know if there are any plans to release the MSG footage?
Vagabond21
UG's Alvin York
705 IQ
Can anyone tell me what setup clapton used while in cream? Especially on the songs white room and crossroads...
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^I'm not completely sure, but as far as i know, he liked Gibson guitars such as Les Paul and ES-335s through Marshall amps.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
Quote by TNfootballfan62
^I'm not completely sure, but as far as i know, he liked Gibson guitars such as Les Paul and ES-335s through Marshall amps.

don't forget the fool

as far as cream, he used a les paul, when it was stolen he got an es-335 and he switched between the 335 on the fool after that
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
ECistheBest
Makes Pedals for YOU!
1,824 IQ
^clapton left the les paul and a marshall combo in greece.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^^

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
My brother saw them at The Albert Hall in 2005.
He paid £350 ($700) from a tout.

I love Cream, though I strangely don't like the bluesy stuff very much. I'm far more inclined to songs like Wrapping Paper and I Feel Free, rather than Crossroads.
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
^ I am very jealous of your brother, I like it all myself, my favorite is their version of "Sitting on Top of the World"

Quote by ECistheBest
^clapton left the les paul and a marshall combo in greece.

oh ok, I'm probably mixing stories up again, that happens a lot
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
they are amazing. my favorite cream song is probably badge.

Jack my swag
Skirvy
680 IQ
did they only play crossroads live and have live recordings, or is there a studio version?
gopherthegreat
592 IQ
Quote by Skirvy
did they only play crossroads live and have live recordings, or is there a studio version?

i think theres only the live version

Jack my swag
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Cream is one of the few bands that I will listen to when I am too drunk and still understand what the hell is going on.