ahoy
im looking to upgrade my crappy marshall MG50DFX for a much better amp which i can get some longevity out of. I play a lot of funk, blues and modern rock so would be looking for an amp which has suitable tones for these. I also play guitar in a band which is rooted in pop-rock, so would also be looking for a good distortion/OD channel built into the amp.
im interested in stack (head and cab seperate), as it would provide a good volume for gigs. as im just browsing, i dont have a price limit or a brand in mind, so any suggestions would be welcome.
thanks a lot!
"What about the neighbours?? What they gonna say?? Stop little sister getting carried away" - SRV. The greatest guitarist of all time.
Quote by R_H_C_P

Evvo_gc_fan is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Quote by ScarredFaith

I liked it.
Is it about fucking?
hmmmm JCM 800 full stack....mmmm... just creamed my shorts.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
£700 top. my parents are going half and im draining my bank account
"What about the neighbours?? What they gonna say?? Stop little sister getting carried away" - SRV. The greatest guitarist of all time.
Quote by R_H_C_P

Evvo_gc_fan is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Quote by ScarredFaith

I liked it.
Is it about fucking?
find a used fender amp... i just found a used 1973 twin for 1000$, look for deals like that...ebay = godly
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by evvo_gc_fan
£700 top. my parents are going half and im draining my bank account

For that price, you could get a better combo than you could stack probably.
Look for a used 2 channel JCM800 combo on ebay.

And... nice to see you again!
Where've you been?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
^Might be too loud for gigs if he wants to have the clean naturally break up, but it'd certainly provide enough volume and sound good enough.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30