Is it possible? I'm looking into buying a 7 string Schecter Avenger (old model) but was wondering if it was possible to put a 6 string neck. I just want to check and see if it were possible before I go and buy it.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
no, the 7 string neck is wider... thats how they get the extra string (oh and your gonna need all new electronics... and a bridge)

have fun!
why would you buy a 7 string if you're putting a 6 string neck on? wouldnt it be easier to buy a 6 string neck?
what rainman said
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
No it doesn't work
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
you cant 2 it does work, you need a new neck pocet, new pups,new bridge new tuners and basicly it is no wheres nere worth it
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by rainman5190
why would you buy a 7 string if you're putting a 6 string neck on? wouldnt it be easier to buy a 6 string neck?

I actually just wanted the guitar for the body. It had a really cool BC. Rich type shape and I figured it be cool if I just went all out and customized it to my likeing lol. But i guess it's not possible, oh well lol.
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
why not keep the 7 string and just play the first 6 strings... and perhaps use that B string for detuned pieces.
umm yea,....dude take it from me the six string is a lot nicer, if you want the six string just order a six stringed avenger....that what i did i ordered one thru my local guy...o and one more thing

NEVER and I mean NEVER compare a Beautiful, Royal SCHECTER to a {P.O.S} BC RICH!

EVER!
BC Rich pwns Schecter.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
bc rich pwns a log with a cotton fibre on it yes.

i should be ordering a c7 blackjack soon
^ That's because plywood is tonally superior to fibreglass. Right? It has to be better than something.
B.C. Rich is a low end beginner noobish company that even i make my guitars better than they do...jeez...lol....yea Schecter is by far one the most amazing guitar companies (sp) out on the market right now....all of thier guitars, including the noobish omen 6 & 7 are better than any fender mexican strat or even low end Gibsons....most of all the guitars put out by schecter use FULL mahogony bodies...most are set necks and which ever ones have mape tops to them they use AAAAA (5) maple which means it matches up almost perfectly when bookmatched....and no i am not obsessed with schecter, they just make great sounding and REALLLY GREAT priced guitars, my rythm (sp) guitarist has a $4,000 Gibson and Whenever he comes over he prefers my guitar...he either plays one of my schecters or my strat, or his gibbo....he is trying to sell his guitar for a schecter rite now and well everyone who has ever played my guitar to a gibson has preferred it....so as i said befor

NEVER and i mean NEVER compare a {P.O.S.} B.C. Rich to a beautiful royal SCHECTER!

EVER!!!