Page 1 of 2
I've been a huge fan of Michelle Branch as some of you may have figured. I've also been a fan of the Wreckers since Michelle collaborated with Jessica Harp. I have the new debut album, Stand Still, Look Pretty and it's awesome. Undoubtly, melodic. They're a cross between country, rock and pop. Any fans?

Some of the videos show not The Wreckers, but the song is what you're looking for.

1. Leave the Pieces
2. Way Back Home
3. The Good Kind
4. Tennessee
5. My Oh My
6. Stand Still Look Pretty
7. Cigarettes
8. Hard to Love You
9. Lay Me Down
10. One more Girl
11. Rain
12. Crazy People

This is the full album of, "Stand Still Look Pretty" - just live (in most cases). Hopefully you guys will like it if you enjoy country/poprock.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 16, 2007,
I know this post is quite old, but I felt like The Wreckers needed some more attention around here.

I've been a huge fan of both of the girls for five years now. I actually discovered Jess before Michelle, and we would e-mail back and forth sometimes. It's so weird, yet great, to see Jessica's face on an album cover and on posters in stores now. I've watched her career grow from the beginning and I'm proud of her for making her dreams come true. She's also given me great advice and help along the way with my music.

Country music fans are rare nowadays, it seems. But "Stand Still, Look Pretty" is a fantastic album with a nice country/pop sound. If you guys haven't heard it yet, give it a chance. And check them out on tour! They're on the road right now.
Do I have to fall asleep
with roses in my hand?
Whoa! Someone posted? How long ago I have no idea. Wow. I completely agree. I've also been a fan of both. I love Preface and the unreleased songs to bits!
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

and they are both smoking hot!
Nowadays all the songs on the radio, all drive me crazy.
Nooooooooo.

I hate them.

Bleargh.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Michelle Branch went from kind of hot to kind of white trash really quickly, didn't she?
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
Mmmhmmm.
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
BUMP. I had no idea I had already made a thread. Here's what I wrote in the other thread (now deleted)

Chances are, no one is going to hear from them but i'll give it a shot (although they played a couple of songs for the series, One Tree Hill). I got into the Wreckers through an independant artist, Michelle Branch. I loved Michelle Branch from the beginning and so I had pretty much every album she recorded (Broken Bracelet, The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper). She's not too shabby for a guitarist.
The Wreckers came through Michelle Branch starting up a band with her friend Jessica Harp. Naturally I was interested and I absolutely adore The Wreckers, not to mention this is how I got through to Jessica Harp (her solo album, Preface is fantastic).

Opinions?

I plan on giving out a few links later from each artist to get you guys interested. If you are, please get yourself an album.

And no, Michelle isn't trashy.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I find them alright; songs like Leave the Pieces and Cigarettes but the song my oh my is very repetitive and gets boring. Both women are obviously talented but I am not totally sold on them. I need more exposure to their work to get a better idea of them. Maybe I will youtube them to hear more of their stuff. I actually like Jessica Harp's vocals and general style more than Michelle. Never really though Michelle was all that great as a solo artist; alright but not great.
Quote by TwistedLogic
I find them alright; songs like Leave the Pieces and Cigarettes but the song my oh my is very repetitive and gets boring. Both women are obviously talented but I am not totally sold on them. I need more exposure to their work to get a better idea of them. Maybe I will youtube them to hear more of their stuff. I actually like Jessica Harp's vocals and general style more than Michelle. Never really though Michelle was all that great as a solo artist; alright but not great.

Jessica Harp > The Wreckers > Michelle Branch

By a mile. You need to hear more Jessica Harp stuff and sadly her independant album is only available on her website. I will upload some Jessica Harp tracks for you to listen to but you won't be disappointed with her solo album, preface. Get it if you can. It's my favourite record of all and I listen to Shred and Blues.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Here are some mp3's that may interest you guys to buy Jessica Harps, Preface album (available from her official website - you won't be disappointed if you like bands like The Wreckers, Michelle Branch, KT Tunstall etc...)

She'll Fly
Dreams For Rent
Stay

Please don't just steal them and not comment. Provide feedback.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Hate 'em.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Original Gangsta of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
Thanks a bunch GoodNite_AmyLee, your aces.

Opinion:

She'll fly; Nice little song. The intro and guitar fills remind me alot of the Eagles. The production seems very indie as well; you can get the sense of space in her vocals and the guitar. It is not over produced, which I like alot.

Dreams for Rent: Good tune. Fun and kinda sassy. See the KT Tunstall, who I love, similarity. Same thing with the Eagles riffige. The fills and intro riffs are very lazy and airy if I could put it that way.

Stay: This was alright. Like the vocals on the verses alot but not on the chorus; could have used more but on the whole it was good. Like the outro, that was a nice end.

She obviously is a talented women, too bad she is just an independent as of now, except for the Wreckers.
Last edited by TwistedLogic at Feb 26, 2007,
No problems. I was going to upload two more but the stupid host didn't work, so I gave up. Perhaps in the next hour or so - just look out for them here. The one's I'll upload later convey the talent she has as a guitar player (she does a cover of the Kinks', All Day and All of the Night and her solo is quite something, you'll be suprised it actually comes from her). It's her voice that really captures me.

Half the Cost

One of my favourites, including "Stay"

EDIT: Thank you for the comments, I appreciate them since no one has ever heard of her or tried to listen to her as a solo artist. The song, Dreams for Rent, at first I didn't like. I eventually got used to it and I really like it - generally, Preface is a solid album: no a bad track at all. ^ I really like her voice, especially when he hums certain parts or goes high like in Dreams for Rent, and Half the Cost.

EDIT2: Thank You again - you really are a super person. I haven't seen anyone like you at all on UG. If you ever need reviewing on a band you really like, give me a shout - PM me or whatever. On your comments on Dreams for Rent, fantastic. I'm glad you're liking her. I see what you mean about being lazy and the song is definitely fun. Dammit, check your PM in a second. I feel like being nice, seeing as you're appreciating one of my favourite artists ever. The thing with Jess is, she means a lot to me. She cheers me up a lot and her lyrics/thoughts are something that I really like to think about.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 26, 2007,
/\ No problem. Always glad to help out if I can and I like getting into new stuff so it is no sweat for me. We all win YEAAAA!!!!!!
Any more fans (hardly)?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by ghettohippygrrl
Michelle Branch went from kind of hot to kind of white trash really quickly, didn't she?

You're a girl and you thought Michele Branch was hot?
When they kick at your front door
how are you gonna come
with your hands on your head
or on the trigger of your gun
Quote by Rock1986
You're a girl and you thought Michele Branch was hot?

There is a difference. You said it yourself - was. Perhaps she thought she was hot before being "trashy", but I don't really think she is. I didn't like the photoshoot she did with Maximum too much but she felt like doing it. Whatever though, she still makes great music and she hasn't lost her reputation for being sweet and kind to fans etc. She changed slightly but hey, she was young adult before with a teen mind (her first two albums show it) but she's married now with a baby. I can tell she's a completely different person.

But still, listen to Jessica Harp kids.

EDIT: Sorry, I read it wrong. Dude, girls can find other girls hot. It's doesn't mean they're lesbians ffs.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by GoodNite_AmyLee at Feb 28, 2007,
I like MB actually. She's pretty good.
I prefer the first album.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by walkinbazooka
I like MB actually. She's pretty good.
I prefer the first album.

Broken Bracelet - her first real album despite being independantly released, or The Spirit Room, her second album (released commercially)
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

There was an album before The Spirit Room?!?!?

[/not a fanboy]
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by walkinbazooka
There was an album before The Spirit Room?!?!?

[/not a fanboy]

LOL. Yes, there way. I have a knack with finding as much as possible about the artists I really like to listen to. She did have an album before and it's better (some, like me would say). I may PM it to you if i'm not busy. In fact, check your PM in a little while. But please, check out Jessica Harp (the links provided on this thread).
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
LOL. Yes, there way. I have a knack with finding as much as possible about the artists I really like to listen to. She did have an album before and it's better (some, like me would say). I may PM it to you if i'm not busy. In fact, check your PM in a little while. But please, check out Jessica Harp (the links provided on this thread).

Will do. And I look forward to receiving a PM.
Quote by shattamakar

How much Michelle Branch have you listened to? Have you got her first two commercially released albums?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
How much Michelle Branch have you listened to? Have you got her first two commercially released albums?

Yeah I have The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper.

I really like that song 'Stay.' Very pleasant.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Yeah I have The Spirit Room and Hotel Paper.

I really like that song 'Stay.' Very pleasant.

That's one of my favourite Jessica Harp Tracks on her independant album, Preface (Only available on her official site). She's better than Michelle by a mile in terms of talent on guitar and songwriting, although Michelle has released more albums (2 more than her). When you Broken Bracelet, you'll notice how reminiscent its sound is to The Spirit Room. Obviously, you appreciate, she wrote it when she was just 16 and even in The Spirit Room album, as i've debated, she still technically had the mind of a teen, even though she was barely 20. Hotel Paper, as you probably think as much as I do, is a change in her music as she had obviously grown out of her teenage years.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by GoodNite_AmyLee
That's one of my favourite Jessica Harp Tracks on her independant album, Preface (Only available on her official site). She's better than Michelle by a mile in terms of talent on guitar and songwriting, although Michelle has released more albums (2 more than her). When you Broken Bracelet, you'll notice how reminiscent its sound is to The Spirit Room. Obviously, you appreciate, she wrote it when she was just 16 and even in The Spirit Room album, as i've debated, she still technically had the mind of a teen, even though she was barely 20. Hotel Paper, as you probably think as much as I do, is a change in her music as she had obviously grown out of her teenage years.

Yeah I totally noticed a difference in her maturity. Musically and lyrically.
Quote by shattamakar

I really liked Hotel Paper though but I think at heart, I prefer The Spirit Room. When I was in year 11 (back 2004), I listened to a lot of that album. What are you favourite tracks off of both albums?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

What the fuck?!?!? Who changed you name?!?!?
Quote by shattamakar

Changed, with good reason.

How's Broken Bracelet or Preface working for you?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Yeah I managed to get Broken Bracelet and I quite like it.

Since you like the poppy acoustic songwriter rock style you should check out Five for Fighting. They're definately in my top ten favourite bands. Great piano and bass playing too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMi2G-un2M

Edit: I think I liked Goodnight_AmyLee better. Not sure why because I don't like Evanescence.
Quote by shattamakar

Last edited by walkinbazooka at Mar 1, 2007,
Quote by walkinbazooka
Yeah I managed to get Broken Bracelet and I quite like it.

Since you like the poppy acoustic songwriter rock style you should check out Five for Fighting. They're definately in my top ten favourite bands. Great piano and bass playing too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDMi2G-un2M

Edit: I think I liked Goodnight_AmyLee better. Not sure why because I don't like Evanescence.

Hi, thanks for letting me know. I trust you find some of the originals refreshing from the versions in The Spirit Room? To be honest, I didn't like the above song too much. It wass okay at most but it's not something I would listen to, sorry. His voice was pretty good though and he reminded me of Chris Martin from Coldplay (I hate Coldplay).

EDIT: LOL. It's just personal preference with the username I guess. I still like Evanescence (the old stuff from Not for Your Ears EP and the debut album, Origin) and I decided to change it because anything above Origin (Fallen etc...) is quite iffy. The old Evanescence were heavier and a lot more gothic:

Lies by Evanescence - ignore the video
Where will you go
Even in Death by Evanescence - ignore the video
Anything by Evanescence - ignore the video
Away from Me by Evanescence ignore the video

If you want similar old Evanescence stuff, buy a record called Origin. Although it's out of print. You can find it on the internet if you're lucky. And besides, the new Evanescence guitar player, Terry, is a joke who can't solo to save a life. Old evanescence had solos in them. Ben was a genius and because he's left the band is falling apart. The bassist, Will, has also left. Two original members gone. Most people think Fallen was their debut album but they're completely wrong. New Evanescence are nothing compared to what they were. They don't play their old songs anymore. When Ben was in the band, the only old song they did play was Even in Death. Notice the change from their old sound to their new. It's horrendously different and I hate it. When I said the old Evanescence was more "gothic" do you understand what I mean, from listening to those songs?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Mar 1, 2007,
I may as well bump this too.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

They are coming to St Cloud state soon, we get two concerts a year. But i dislike country and all that ever come is rap and country so i usually dont go. Sorry i am basically like saying IN YOUR FACE THEIR COMING HERE and then saying im too good to go.
Quote by WrongWay
They are coming to St Cloud state soon, we get two concerts a year. But i dislike country and all that ever come is rap and country so i usually dont go. Sorry i am basically like saying IN YOUR FACE THEIR COMING HERE and then saying im too good to go.

And i'm saying fuck you

¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Harmonius
And i'm saying fuck you

They are hot though
Bump

^ lol. I was only joking btw with that comment. But yes, they are hot.

Okay guys. I'm bumping this. UG policy is no downloading full albums, so what i've done instead is find all live videos of the Wreckers in order of all the songs on their debut album. From there, you can listen to the album (Live) and decide whether you like them. Check the first post for it.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Bump?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

I'm definitely a metal/punk rocker, but I absolutely have a soft spot for Jessica/Michelle. The Wreckers are amazing. I thought it was a lot better than Michelle Branch's solo efforts (though they were great too). With Jessica Harp contributing to the project, there seems to be more harmony. Can't wait to see them live.

Stand Still, Look Pretty > The Spirit Room > Broken Bracelet > Hotel Paper

Can't say i've listened to Jessica's solo stuff...yet. =)
Quote by The182ndDay
I'm definitely a metal/punk rocker, but I absolutely have a soft spot for Jessica/Michelle. The Wreckers are amazing. I thought it was a lot better than Michelle Branch's solo efforts (though they were great too). With Jessica Harp contributing to the project, there seems to be more harmony. Can't wait to see them live.

Stand Still, Look Pretty > The Spirit Room > Broken Bracelet > Hotel Paper

Can't say i've listened to Jessica's solo stuff...yet. =)

PM me.

EDIT: I was checking out other users in this forum . When I saw you looking through my Wreckers Thread, I naturally waited for a reply. This is of course the reason, why my reply was uber fast, in case you were wondering.

And just for the record,

Jessica Harps Preface > Michelle's discography and the Wreckers
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 1, 2007,
Page 1 of 2