Would a Squire Rally Showmaster with dual humbuckers be good to get to start reely playing guitar and get into a band. And also any amps that are good for band use anything 50 watts or more is good (Tube or Solid State) with effects, footswitchable channels, and right to play punk and metal.
^^^Name some actual bands Ex w/ metal- Megadeth sounds ALOT diffrent than Slayer...
and a price range for your amp
i play metallica, blink 182, angels and airwaves, pearl jam, acdc, new found glory, all american rejects, megadeth, and fall out boy
Quote by ACDC4Life
megadeth, and fall out boy

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?

No, seriously. I hate you.

Anyway, get the Squier.
You play emo and metal....Blues>Metal>Rock and Roll>Punk>Dieing>Emo

You should play with a squire your whole career

Edit: and for an amp, you should use a small Fender Frontman your whole life because that fits your music.
im sry i believe fall out boy is the only emo band on there
and o ya nice original name
No all american rejects are quite emo. And new found glory, blink 182 and angel and airwaves are quite emo also.
And it is quite toneless crap.

Anyways the squire aint too bad after a pickup/tuners/bridge change. For a amp a Valvetronix sounds fine for you.
You are an IDIOT if you think any of those bands are even REMOTELY punk.

Punk is bands like The Clash and The Ramones. Not that sh*tty emo pop-punk garbage. Hell-most of those aren't even POP-PUNK. They're just plain emo garbage. If you want to say that you play punk music, go listen to some first. Then come back and tell us what kind of music you play.

Do yourself a favor. Go over to the Punk music forum and tell them that you are in desperate need to find out what REAL punk music is. Beg them to recommend you some true punk bands to listen to. Tell them that up until today you believed that bands like fallout boy and the all american rejects were punk and that you are a poor, confused adolescent who just wants to hear some real music before you get smited for claiming that fallout boy and the all american rejects are punk.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
why r we talking bout who is who honestly who gives a ****

anyways what can you say about the kustom quad 100dfx amp?
Alright. I'll help you out here, but seriously. Go listen to some REAL punk.

For the guitar, Epiphone G-400 SG should be good. Don't get a squire. They're garbage.

For the amp, try out these:
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Valvetronix AVT50

The Marshall is love/hate. Some people hate the MG series, some people love them. I personally love mine.

The Vox is decent. A lot of people like them. I find them to be ok.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 27, 2006,