hey guys, noob Question, bought an ibanez Gio today and its my first guitar with a floyd rose bridge (im a les paul player), it came tuned down a half step from the normal tune (whatever it is) and whenever i tune it up it always goes back down again, the action is raised when i tune up aswell, does anyone know how to bring them back to the standard tune without them going back down and the action raising?

thanks!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
An Ibanez Gio with a FR? messing with it is only going to be trouble, any Gio with a trem is almost impossible to set-up correctly.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
When you tune up to standard tuning, does the bridge raise up so that it isn't flush with the body?
Ibanez Gio's don't have floyds...they have normal trems.
~~One Off Custom Strat~~
- 3 piece alder body
- Maple on rosewood 21 fret neck
- '82 Fender pickups

~~'92 Toyota Supra~~

- 1JZ-GTE (TT, front mount intercooler, 15~psi)
- Tuned on 93 octane
- HKS 3" exhaust
well yeh, thats why the action went up, i first tuned to standard with the main tuners, then locked it, then fine tuned with the FR, then it detuned itself, and now its a mess!
I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to
- Jimi Hendrix

Im tired of following my dreams, im going to ask them where their going and hook up with them later
- Mitch Hedberg
our guitarist used to have a gio, the bridge broke so i turned it into a hard tail, the bridge was horrible quality, i give your's about 8 months before it snaps
"but i don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "we're all mad here."
~lewis carroll
Try unlocking the nut, then centre the fine tuners on the floyd, then tighten the springs in the back of the guitar until the bridge is flush with the body when it's in tune. Then lock the nut and make any fine adjustments with the thumb screws on the floyd. Hope this works.
it say Gio on the front of the head and grg270b on the back, its not a floyd patent but only a floyd style ibanez bridge, sorry i sould of been specific
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
youre better off with a strat-styled tremolo than that ****ty LFR you have on this guitar
strat player forever.
FRs are the biggest pain in the everything ever!
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by hydriplex
our guitarist used to have a gio, the bridge broke so i turned it into a hard tail, the bridge was horrible quality, i give your's about 8 months before it snaps

my friend has been playing a gio for.. 5 years... he loves it. he got a OLD fender esquire too and a old gibson accoustic... he wont let me play the gibson. No one does.
Tuning a FR can be tricky...

You have to understand that for every adjustment you make to a string, the springs in the back will compensate for. If you tune one string sharp, the rest will go flat. What I do is tune the low E sharp (somewhere between a haf step and a whole step should be good) and then each string progressively less sharp, such that once I reach the high e, it won't be flat and the other strings will be more or less in tune. Then I fiddle with the tuners a bit, lock and then fine tune.

http://www.ibanezrules.com/tech/setup/index.htm
^everything you ever wanted to know about setting up a FR-style bridge
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
what . . . who said that . . . . oh right he's invisible . . .

thanks man that worked pretty well, now wether it stays in tune is the prob. hopefully it will
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
well it didnt, feck it, im just gonna bring it to the shop i bought it from to get it set up! thanks for the help guys!
- Jimi Hendrix

- Mitch Hedberg
wow, give it back and by something else. more equipment usage for your LP?

And to some people saying they are the hardest to tune ever, that tells me that u need a job and start paying more for a better guitar/floyd rose.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.