Hi, whats your experiences with ebay? Im thinking of buying a gibson sg from there, and was wondering if its safe to buy there? Generally? I just bid 100 $ on a fender hot rod, but i prob wont get it. He has 99 % positive feedback. Its safe to buy from people with so much good feedback?

Also, i live in europe, so i run the risk of getting ****e, but ah well
Make sure they have a lot of feedback not just high percentage. Powersellers and store owners are generally reliable. Dont bid on any old No reserve auction you see, chances are it'll go up close to retail price. Buy Now is a really good bargain, that is if you can find one. It's a lot easier to find a legit seller than a scammer, yet it is very very hard to find a good legitamate deal.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
^Yeah, eBay is either great, or terrible. Feedback is key!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Yeah, the guy i bid from had like 345 feedbacks or something. The buyitnow price was 450. I wondered at why its was so much cheaper than retail, but ah well..
Quote by Funky P
Make sure they have a lot of feedback not just high percentage. Powersellers and store owners are generally reliable. Dont bid on any old No reserve auction you see, chances are it'll go up close to retail price.

Totally agreed. Check the sellers feedback, and make sure he has good reviews as a SELLER. Usually, you won't have a problem. And if you pay using Paypal, you're protected for up to $1000 US on your purchase.

I've personally bought and sold several guitars and other audio gear on ebay and have never had a problem with anything. The one time I had a product arrive damaged, it was covered by the shipping insurance. It took about 60 days to get the refund, but I did get it.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor