Poll: Which amp should i buy used? ( bang for the buck peoples )
Poll Options
View poll results: Which amp should i buy used? ( bang for the buck peoples )
Peavey ValveKing 112
4 18%
Peavey ValveKing 212
4 18%
Traynor YCV BLUE50
12 55%
Traynor YCV 80
2 9%
Voters: 22.
Alrighty, this is a little different than your standard poll. im looking for BANG FOR THE BUCK, not necessarily the BEST amp out of the three, im looking for what will fullfill the most needs for the money. money is something i dont have. kinda. you get the point. as for my needs, im basically just looking for a good all tube combo for classic rock to metal. now i know that the valve king as an amp alone delivers more of a metal sound, but whos to say i cant slap a gainy pedal in front of the clean channel of the Traynor? keep these things in mind as you vote.

and remember, not the BEST of the three, the BEST FOR THE BUCK!!!!

also consider that im buying either one used, so ill end up spending waaay less than retail.

and while im at it:WILL ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT SWAPPING TUBES/WHAT ARE SOME GOOD TUBE MAKING COMPONIES, WHAT SITES ARE BEST TO ORDER TUBES FROM, AND MORE GENERAL TUBE KNOWLEDGE BESIDES WHATS ON THIS SITE?? IF YOU KNOW A GOOD SITE FOR THIS LET ME KNOW ABOUT THAT TOO CAUSE THE FIRST THING I THINK ILL DO WITH ANY OF THESE AMPS IS SWAP OUT THE TUBES FOR A DARKER VOICED, HIGHER GAIN SET. SUGGESTIONS ON THAT KIND OF TUBE ARE WELCOM TOO. THANKS

ps- if you vote for the 212 ValveKing tell me why its a better choice, and dont say 'cause it can get louder'. ive played both i want your alls opinions.
the valveking's have reliability issues from what i've heard, and dont quite do metal even with a boost.

i'd go with the traynor blue. it has more gain than the VK's and the 80's just over doing it.

EDIT: tubes, jj tubes. e-mail bob at www.eurotubes.com for anything and everything tubes.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Peavey = you get what you pay for

Traynor = value for the money.

Not only do valveking combos sound par with high-ish end solid state modelers, but it has some reliabilty issues aswell. The VK doesn't really have any of that quality tube tone.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Traynor Blue, always was just more appealing to me than the 80. Overkill.
Love in technicolour, sprayed out on walls
Well I've been pounding at the pavement
'Til there's nothing at all
I got my cloak and dagger
In a bar room brawl
See the local loves a fighter
Loves a winner to fall
funky p ive never heard of the Vk having reliability issues what kind of stuff are you talking about?