whats the difference from a elitist les paul custom and regular custom? (epiphone)
could i changes the electronis in my custom and have it be just as good as an elitist? or is it really worth the upgrade?
The Elitist is mahogany with a maple top I believe. The wood will be better quality, it has better pickups, and much better wiring.

If you're trying to decide between the two, just go for the Elitist. If you can afford it, you won't find better.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I think the PUs, body material and finish are all better on Elitist guitars. I'd adivse playing one and seeing if you notice much difference in the feel of the guitar, as upgraded electronics won't make that kind of a difference to your LP.

p.s. first post, please don't shoot me.
Love is not a victory march.
made in japan vs. made in china. come on now. or shoot isnt the custom made in korea?

Japanese guitars own all companies today (even Gibson)
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Elitists are Japan made. The regular Epi's are made in Korea.

Oh, and before I forget...

*shoots shakysam*

Welcome to UG.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
haha thanks mate

And you're right, standard Epiphones are Korean made. I think they put actual Gibson pickups in Elitist Epi's though (a 50SR for rhythm and a 60ST for treble), as opposed to the 'Gibson Designed' ones in their standard models, so that'll contribute to the sound difference a lot too.
Love is not a victory march.
They technically are the same pickups, but they don't have the same name. If they had anything beside the truss rod cover say "Gibson" They'd have to raise the price.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i heard the elitists are made in USA?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
The Elitist is, on its own, just as good as a Gibson.

At first I laughed my ass off when I learned that those dudes in MCR played epiphone (I was like, at least they dont fool themselves into thinking they are good and playing Gibsons..) but after playing an elitist.. wow...
Elitist's wiring is done in America. They're assembled in Japan, and sent to the USA. The Gibson factory they get sent to puts in the wiring and hardware and sets it up.

And yes, in all sense the Elitist is just as good as it's Gibson counterpart. Same materials, same hardware, same wiring. Different finish, but that's about it.

Oh and it has an Epiphone headstock. Which, honestly, I think looks much cooler than Gibson headstocks. I mean..it's just awesome looking.

Also, that guy from MCR is a decent guitarist. I know...MCR for the most part sucks, but he is a decent guitarist.

Hawthorne Heights on the other hand, suck. I personally like Epiphones. I wouldn't even punish an Epi LP special II by giving it to one of the guys from Hawthorne Heights to play...That's just unnecessary cruelty towards an instrument.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 27, 2006,
Quote by Xenn99
I wouldn't even punish an Epi LP special II by giving it to one of the guys from Hawthorne Heights to play...That's just unnecessary cruelty towards an instrument.

nice.

do u mean frankie?
If Frankie is in the band Hawthorne Heights, then yes. I mean Frankie.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
no u said that the guy from mcr is a decent gutarist. did u mean frakie?

hawthorne heights suck donkey shlong
Quote by Xenn99

Also, that guy from MCR is a decent guitarist. I know...MCR for the most part sucks, but he is a decent guitarist.

I know, I was just being an ass.. they have a song.. Thank You for the Venom, I believe its called, the solo suprised me.

And by supprised I mean like.. jumped me, tore my pants down and raped me suprised, not like "Wow *this guitarist* is better than I thought" but "Holy ****************** I didnt even know this guy could play his instrument.."
^

Yeah. He actually is decent. I don't know which one is decent, I just know that one of the guitarists from MCR can actually play.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Ray can play. Frankie acts like an ass on stage and still gets his parts down so I give him alot of credit for that too.
frankie is awesome, he's the reason i got into guitar. but the fact that he acts the way he does and yet still nails his part proves something