Whats the BEST guitar for pinch harmonics? (o and does using a wah-pedal make pinch harmonics easier?)
there is no best guitar for pinch harmonics just fairly hot pickups with the threeway switch set on the bridge pup or if you have REALLY hot pickups you can even do them easily on the neck pickup.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
ther isnt a 'best' pickup for that. n using a wah pedal helps make certain awquard frequencys, but i think you should jus practice and practice without any additional fx (excludin distortion if you consider that an effect) i mean nowadays i can do any pinch harmonic i wish without even thinking about it.

Any pickup is able to do pinched harmonics, most moderate to high output pickups are fairly good for pinch harmonics, ones with good mids and highs.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Last edited by ArcherTheVMan at May 27, 2006,
I used to have problems with pinch harmonics and even tried changing my pickups. My advice is that unless your pickups completely suck, don't change them. I can do harmonics with any one of my pickups, but I did not buy them to do harmonics. The technique comes more from practice than anything else. I can do pinch harmonics on an acoustic; that should tell you that you don't need insanely "hot" pickups, although it does make them easier to do. Still, getting pickups just to do harmonics is like getting a baby roller skates so he can move faster. In the long run you're better off practicing 'till you've got them down perfect rather than trying to take a shortcut.
i think the evolution from steve vai, omfg lol that pickup kills!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Yeah, especially if you want to rely on nailing them every time. Just practice until you can do them every time. Short cuts'll leave you exposed in the end. I've found there's certain 'sweet-spots' on my guitar, they ring like ****ers
there is also a certain bridge that somehow helps b/c its set into the guitar, not like the LP style where when the strings are off. its called TonePros.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
what the hell are you talking about? TonePros are LP style bridges.

also pinch harmonics are 100% in the sweet spots, if perfected you can nail them without needing any amplification.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Billy Gibbons proved you don't need high output pickups for good pinch harmonics, but i'd go with either EMG's, or Dimarzio. I no longer a seymour duncan fan after i bought the invader.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i dont think you need to buy new pups for better harmonics, just practice. eventually you can do them with any type of guitar or pickups (hey, i know dudes who can do em with a classical acoustic). then if you want a tougher sound or something, then, get new pickups.
ofcourse if money is no problem just get those emgs... but its not necessary imo
When you spend $200 for a set and then $60 for installation(asuming you dont know how to wire them) and the realize that your technique is still poor, thats when you think to yourself "I've just wasted an assload of money."

Buying a fancy sports car wont make you any better of a driver, so why would pickups improve your technique.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I recently had this same problem. its all in the amp dude. If you want a heavy tone with distinct harmonic squeels set your bass really high, your gain all the way up, a high mid or contour, and set your trebble wherever it sounds best. experiment with some stuff like that though.
The scale length makes a difference because the location of the harmonics change slightly between lets say a strat at 25.5 inch and a les paul at 24 & 3/4 inch. I think its easier to get harmonics on a guitar with a shorter scale length like a les paul.
I can know harmonics out on any string at any pitch on a les paul but on a strat It takes me a while to adjust but then its hit and miss, for me anyway.
Both distortion and wah make pinch harmonics easier. And the bridge pickup.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
on my wolfgang playing through a 6505 i can make a low f# scream.aint nothin cooler.
i can do pinch harmonics on my acustic
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Ok, this isn't a contest to show who has the biggest balls, you ****ing assholes. Stop posting your useless crap ("LAWL I KAN MAKE A PINCH HARNOMIC ON MY CATZ LOLZ")
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Quote by Metallica1989
Ok, this isn't a contest to show who has the biggest balls, you ****ing assholes. Stop posting your useless crap ("LAWL I KAN MAKE A PINCH HARNOMIC ON MY CATZ LOLZ")

SHUT UP.
I am shock nobody metioned lighter the string gauge the easier.
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by sylent
i think the evolution from steve vai, omfg lol that pickup kills!

I have an EVO2 neck and a X2N in the bridge of my RG.....Your right!!! It does Kill!!!
The wah peddle helps with all harmonics, even the more obscure natural harmonics. I can play some natural harmonics with the wah peddle that I can't play worth crap without it, like on frets 6 and 8. Of course, I can't play pinch harmonics worth crap regardless of the equipment, but I'm sure what helps you play natural harmonics helps you play pinch harmonics, because the physics is pretty much the same for both.