All righti know this has been asked so many times but i want to know what guitar to buy. I am still kind of new at the guitar like 4-5 months but i need a better guitar then what i have. I play a little bit of everything from classic rock to heavy rock to some metal. So i would like to know a very versatile guitar for these kind of things because me and buddy are going to start a band and my piece of **** just will not do
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
4-5 months isnt long enough to start a band. Unless you are gonna start another "Fall Out Boy" band. If you are dont get a new guitar, the **** you have is good enough. But I suggest a Les Paul.
I knew some1 was going to say that but im good enough for a band and no my piece of **** wont do because like i said its a piece of **** so yeh i would like some specific models please also
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez RG's are great second guitars , if you need something to hold you for a year or 2 I suggest an RG
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
A Fender Fat Strat may suit you.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Depends on how much you're willing to pay. You always think your good if you accomplish what you want, but you truely know you are good if other people tell you. Trust me, 4-5 months isnt enough.
Quote by drop-dead666
Depends on how much you're willing to pay. You always think your good if you accomplish what you want, but you truely know you are good if other people tell you. Trust me, 4-5 months isnt enough.

its never too early to start. the more practice you get in a band, the better.

a fat strat would also be my suggestion, or an rg. both really versatile. rgs more metal though, and the fat strat( if its an american, youll be able to single tap the humbuckers) will be more versatile.
drop-dead666. thats pretty damn quotable right there. like i know im better than i was before but i know im not good and i have been playing 1 and a half years with a teacher.

anyways i would have to say a strat. so versatile i love it!
Yeah, go with the band dude. Helped me to no end, playing with other people already at a higher standard than I was.

I'd suggest something Gibson. Try some out for yourself, see what you like and what feels nice. After all, what's a name if you don't like it?!
money is not too much of a problem but id wouldnt like anything over 800 bucks if possible...and right now i have this small amp that i think is 15 watt...and thx all that helped me ill look into these guitars

p.s. is this fat strat actually called this like is that how i will read it on musiciansfriend.com?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Last edited by myguitarskucks1 at May 27, 2006,
k im looking into these guitars right now...plus is the fat strat actually called a fat strat??? Is this how i will read it on websites?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by metal_man12
its never too early to start. the more practice you get in a band, the better.

exactly..the more you play with other people (especially people who are better than you)..the better you'll be...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Try both out, buy whichever you feel most comfortable using and the one that sounds best for what you want.
k thx you have been very helpful and i am very grateful
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
schecter are very good ( i own one)....now gibson and epiphone. 2 of the biggest names in the industry. WHO CARES?! they dont care about the customer, they just ship out a guitar, and thats that. once, at my local music store, they received a gibson electric guitar, WITH NO WIRES! id deff say a schecter omen6 for your experience.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Quote by myguitarskucks1
Ok new update ive looked through the fat strat and ibanez...so far the fat strat is winning it seems awesome ill send a link of the one im looking at and can some1 tell me if this is good...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Fat-Strat-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=510477

Going with the lame-ass strat means you have only the one humbucker, and for your stated purpose that may prove disappointing. someone else said the Ibanez RG series and you said under $800, so how about the RG1570. Two humbuckers with a single-coil in the middle. About $750 at musiciansfriend.com, plus free shipping. That means you have to deal only with the glorified robbery that is NJ tax.

What guitar do you have now? You definitely need a better amp right now cus 15 watts just ain't gonna cut it in a band. An ibanez rg 321Mh will be a good choice for little money and a schecter would be good if you really want to spend all your money on the guitar. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=513072
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
woah 4-5 months i dont think thats long enough to start a band just like what that first guy said but if u liek classic rock i would buy a gibson sg wait are u thinking of playing rythem or lead? if rythem i dunno try a fender strat
drop-dead666, you're an ass hole. I swear-you're either telling people that fenders suck and B.C. Rich's are the best thing ever or you're telling someone YOU DON'T KNOW that they aren't good enough to start a band.

At 6 months I was better than people I knew who had been playing for 3 years. I also am constantly complimented on my playing. I started composing my own songs at about 2 weeks of playing and learned all of the standard major chords in an hour-the night I got my guitar. I learned TAB instantaneously and started playing music from bands I liked within my first week of playing.

You have no idea how good this person is. You don't know if he is a ****ing prodigy. And honestly, anyone who recommends a B.C. Rich over a FENDER is a complete idiot.

Now Topic Creator, don't listen to this dumbass or anyone else who tells you that you aren't good enough to start a band. It will just give you more and more practice and you'll get better much faster.

For the guitar, I recommend:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Fender Fat Strat
Epiphone G-400
Washburn WI64DL

Those should suit your playing needs. They're all around $400.

Now, you need a new amp DESPERATELY. 15w won't cut it for abnd practice. Especially with a drummer. You need at the bare minimum a 50w solid state amp.

I'll recommend;
Vox AVT50w
Marshall MG50DFX

Both are good amps. I have the Marshall and love it. Some people hate Marshal MG's, so be sure to try it first. The Vox is pretty good as well. They're both around $350.

Good luck with your band!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I'll second the Vox AD50VT and the Roland Cube, but I'm one of those people who doesn't like Marshall MGs.
You've got 800 bucks? Spend it on a fender hot rod devile 212, or maybe even a used marshall jcm 2000 dsl 401. Im not sure about prices in the Us, but think they cost around 1000-1200 new over there. I'd give a **** about the solid states and get meself a nice combo amp.

PS: If i just sounded like a total noob, im not familiar with english terms on amps and what not, so...