Those seem to be getting quite some hype. Why? How does it compare to the standard?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Well it has 100% real mahogany body and a real maple top (not some Alder as on Standard Plus) wich gives it real LP tone!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Ok, The Epi LP Standard Plain Top is all mahogany. It also only comes in three colors. It doesn't have the maple top like the regular Standard. Everything else is identicle.

Unfortunately, it seems to be getting average reviews. I heard from one person here on UG that it sounded very dull and lifeless.

I can't comment on it myself because I haven't tried it.

Edit: Woah...wait...what? It has a plain maple top? Holy crap! I didn't know that. I thought it was just carved mahogany.

Gabel, Keef, have you guys tried these out?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I tried one out at a local place the other day, it was no where near as good as the joe perry boneyard, it played well and sounds identical to a Gibby unplugged, albiet the mids are different(i'm not sure how)

I can pin the lifeless tone on the pickups, unplugged it sounded terrific

I still think that the Les Paul Ultra is better, being semi hollow rather than alder cored lets it resonate like full mahogany, without being full of mahogany, so its light enough to fling around, and it still sounds BETTER THAN MOST GIBSONS (did I mention that its amazing? You can thank Nancy Wilson for that )
^Nope, they aint out in Sweden yet, cant wait til i get my hands on one to try...
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Isnt the G-400 all mahogany too?

EDIT: If all that supports the plain top is the mahogany body, the G-400 is kinda like an equal, with the expected changes in tone and look. And the standard should be inferior to those two, seen it has part mahogany part alder body.
Yeah it comes down to what you like best. But thinking about wood those two are better. I got that right?
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Last edited by Calvero at May 28, 2006,
Quote by Keef-is-king
Hey Gabel!! I'm half Swedish!!

Swedish rockers unite!!!

Ummm back on topic... the plain top is much better than the standard....

Vad kul att hitta en halvsvensk! Förresten, gillar du Stones, eftersom du heter Keef is king (vilket han är)!

Hope you know swedish but to be nice ill translate it to English...

Nice to find a half swede! By teh way, you like the Stines, since you name is Keef is king (wich he is)!

Hooray for Swedish rockers!
Quote by stratman_13

18watter video demo

My band

Quote by Calvero
Isnt the G-400 all mahogany too?

EDIT: If all that supports the plain top is the mahogany body, the G-400 is kinda like an equal, with the expected changes in tone and look. And the standard should be inferior to those two, seen it has part mahogany part alder body.
Yeah it comes down to what you like best. But thinking about wood those two are better. I got that right?

well, the Les Paul has a maple cap, which is what gives it its tone
the G400 is just a mahogaany slab and neck, so they sound different, think of the difference between the tone of Angus Young and later Jimmy Page
Quote by Gabel
Vad kul att hitta en halvsvensk! Förresten, gillar du Stones, eftersom du heter Keef is king (vilket han är)!

Hope you know swedish but to be nice ill translate it to English...

Nice to find a half swede! By teh way, you like the Stines, since you name is Keef is king (wich he is)!

Hooray for Swedish rockers!

And yes, I love the Stones, i'd much rather hear a terrific rhythm than a mind blowing solo, you can't dance to a solo

Sorry, i can't speak swedish, but i love the culture.... and my grandmother knows the language.