im not getting one anytime soon (if youve seen my other thread), but i was just wondering for down the road.
could i use, say, a Peavey head with Marshall cabinets, and still sound alright?
EXAMPLE-

Peavey VK100 Head
plus
Marshall AVT412 Cabinets

(i know the VK has its own cabinet, and vice versa for the AVT)

just wondering.
There shoudln't be anything wrong wiht it, i run my Mesa through a Carvin Red Line 810, thats a bass cabinet, and a B-52 LG412. The bass cab has such a unique tone, similar to tool because they run mesa through bass cabs. And the combination of the B-52 cab and bass amp give the tone a whole new color which i enjoy playing through. I believe the Marshalls use a Celestion speaker of some sort, and the valveking is a great head, u should have a nice setup when you get them.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i would seriously advise you to stay away from the AVT cabs i happen to own one and i can honestly say they lick balls the tones crap off em infact the head has to be one of the worst things ive ever had the misspleasure of buying
If anything, I recommend mixing heads and cabs, Mesa and Marshall makes awsome heads, but their cabs leave something to be desired. Bogner makes some incredible cabs, and most heads will sound outstanding through them.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I dunno where your getting the VK head to be a bad investment, its like $500, tube sound, cheap alternative to a 6505 or XXX. If i were to suggest a different head though, tube same price range, either the Epi california thing, or B-52 ST or AT heads.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Gopher636
im not buying, just wondering how it works.

oh, well then, it works great

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio