hello, i am wondering what kind of distortion pedal does Daron use??? i am guessing that some of the sound of the distortion is to the tuning but i am just curious what pedal does he use if you know....

Thanks
He doesn't use a distortion pedal. He uses the overdrive from his amp, a high-gain modded Marshal Plexi if I remember correctly (that's for Mesmerize-present). From the self-titled-Toxicity (I think) he used Mesa Dual or Triple Rectifiers.
please dont tell me youre talking about System of a down?

EDIT: SOAD...i get it now...NO!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE CASTRATED
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Pure amp and downtuning
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
Quote by xsynysterx06
please dont tell me youre talking about System of a down?

EDIT: SOAD...i get it now...NO!!!!!!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE CASTRATED

What the hell did that have to do with the topic?
He uses a chep 20 dollar no-name pedal that he runs with a duracell 9 volt. Oh wait you mean Daron Malakin from System of a Down. you mean a guitarist that has played to tens of thousands of people not just his mom in the garage. Well if that is the case I would think he uses something that you can't afford and something you can't replicate. So if thats what you mean then just give up man, or get a good job.
Quote by Aeridos
He uses a chep 20 dollar no-name pedal that he runs with a duracell 9 volt. Oh wait you mean Daron Malakin from System of a Down. you mean a guitarist that has played to tens of thousands of people not just his mom in the garage. Well if that is the case I would think he uses something that you can't afford and something you can't replicate. So if thats what you mean then just give up man, or get a good job.

1. Don't be a jerk, ok? All that post did was prove how much of a jackass yo ucan be. Calm down, and psot something on topic that is helpful to the quesiton. If not, then you have no reason to post....
2. System of a Down has played in front of millions of people..

On Topic: He uses pure amp overdrive.. Use google to find out what head he uses. If you can't afford it, then just play with a Maxon OD until you get a similar sound. But remember, you should try to get your own sound, not someone elses.
Way to go Chase312 and refixer

I would also go with Refixer on the Marshall Plexi on the last two records and Mesa Boogie on the first 3 records.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the gear that stars use, just find your own sound with it.
go cowboys
to get a soad sound, u could get the danelectro black. It what i got and it sounds very similar, the pedal is cheap aswell. So go for it!