I just recently recieved an old Flying V from my uncle and i've never heard of the brand before but anyways its a Full V with a sunburst and pearl pickgaurd and string through body. I want to change the bridge and buy a better one but i dont know anything about bridges except for Classical guitar and Floyd Roses (i think i lil too much).

So does anyone know of any good bridges i can replace it with?
Its kind of similar to this on......v
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/TonePros-Metric-Locking-TuneOMatic-Bridge-large-posts?sku=306149

Then like an inch or more below are the holes in which the strings are put through.
If you need more info just ask.
well if it had a stop bar system then you cant put a FR on it. id actually get that one in the picture. but you need 2 pieces, look at a les paul style guitar and usually they have what you need. www.gibson.com

check it for what the V has.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Hey im also helping you about the HM-3 lol wierd......anyways.

My V doesnt have one of those second pieces becuase i guess it's a string thru body.
Would i be able to buy a bridge like those but without the second peice? or are those second pieces on the Les Paul covering up the holes?
Well you could sort of get a bridge like a floyd but it would take some heavy mods on the part of both the guitar and bridge and possibly a good deal more money than you were expecting. I say just upgrade whatever it is you have with something similar.
No i think you guys have me mistaken....

Im not plannng or havent thought of putting in a Floyd on my V. It just happens that i know nothing about other types of bridges.

So can anyone recommend me a good TuneMatic bridge for my V? i think thats what kind of bridge its called. It kinda looks like a Les Paul bridge but without the second metal part on the bottom
haha yea...you know what would be cool...if you check out the jackson guitar website (www.jacksonguitars.com) and check out the RR's./..one of them has this sick piece, it goes with the shape of the guitar. its cool.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
Yeah dude just get a good old classic Gibson Tune-O-Matic. Cheap, easy to install, and readily available.
Hey that RR1 idea is pretty cool and would look killer on my V........but where can i find one?

Yea my bridge is like a gibsons but without the StopBar. The holes for the strings are in the way so i cant get a stop bar. Unless the stopbar covers the holes? or does it?

Like i said before i know nothing about bridges. So if anyone knows where i can get either that Jackson V RR thing going can you point me in that direction? or what kind of normal bridge can i get? Brand, Company, Model, or Name would be nice?
dude...
you can mount a FR... but it takes a lot of routing

you have a string thru guitar
so theres no tailpiece
the tailpiece is where the strings are, and so you do not need one
since you have string thru.
You basically can jsut buy the bridge.
i recommend a locking tone-pros as thats as good as you can get

and the rr1 has a FR...
lyou need a router and an OFR
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
ahhhh sry

i dunno where you can buy that end piece..

but all it would require is a few screws and a sheet of metall

cut the metal and place over the existing string thru thingies. screw on..
done

although there might be some other things to do
like sanding
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Could you put a Bigsby on it? Bigsby makes excellent tremelo tailpieces.

A picture of the guitar would be helpful.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."