Well, I'm planning on purchasing the Peavey Valveking head. The most I can spend is $800, so I'm left with $300 for a cab. Out of all the amp reviews, the Ibanez Toneblaster looks to be the best, but they are sooooo ugly.

Anyone?

PS, I'd prefer a straight cab, but if it only comes angled it's not that big of a deal...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
The Behringer cab is the first one off the top of my head
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
you cant even get any good cab for $300, let alone a decent 4x12. 4 good speakers cost more than $300.

With $1100 that you have you can get a much better 2x12 combo than the ValveKing.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
behringer's explode. it really happens. dont get it, for i am concerned for your life.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
get a good 2x12 instead of a cheap 4x12, for 339.99$ you can get a Carvin Legacy 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's in it. You can also get the GC212C from Carvin who has Celestions G12T-75 speakers. I don't think there's any better deal on good cabs other than Carvin... At least the cabs can't burn up like the first Legacy's amps lolllll
Last edited by Ibzman at May 28, 2006,
randall has halfstacks for 500 so im sure you can get better for under 1000
Guitars are like voices... only with distortion...
^except those are soild state.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Look used...
i saw a pretty good used Carvin cab
and it sounded wicked
for a measly $310 ish

EDIT: Get a Combo instead... i played a JCM combo for about $1100 at gc...
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Last edited by Striketalonx at May 28, 2006,
Yeah I used to hear good things about the behringers, but recently I've heard they're horrible.

And yeah I looked into randall but I really don't want solid state.

I know that line 6 sucks, but their 412 gets good reviews...Anybody try it?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
hmm, the G412 is $350...I suppose I could throw in $50 more...Is the shipping free?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I'm gonna' also suggest that you put that money together and buy a great combo that'll be leagues ahead of the valveking, and you don't really need a cab with it (or you can buy one later on....) unless you're gigging un-mic'ed.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Well, I figured since people we're suggesting a 212 why not just go with the Valveking combo? But if my price range is up to $800 I could get a better combo. Unfortunatly, I'm a stubborn asshole that thinks if it doesn't have wheels, it's not big enough. We'll see. Keep the suggestions coming?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
yeah carvin cabs are good. theyre plain but good. 300 bucks too (new i think)
ashdown make an inexpensive cab with v30s for around that price, its a 4x12
Quote by d_byrne23
ashdown make an inexpensive cab with v30s for around that price, its a 4x12

That doesn't have V30's. It was an error made on the site. I guarentee you can't get a brand new 412 cab with V30s for that cheap. I have asked Ashdown, and they said that the speakers are Ashdown designed.

Ya so if you want 412, go Avatar. For combos check that B-52 AT-212 or Maybe an old JCM combo. They should both be around your budget.
build your own
or get a marshall cab from guitar center/musicains friend
i think theyre like 280 bucks
I built my 212 myself, but it's got crappy speakers. I'd prefer not building this time. I'm def got going with a $280 marshall, it'd probably that crappy MG one...Avatar looks to be the best, but no one answered my first question, has anyone tried the Ibanez TB412 cab?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
The only 412s u shoudl get shoudl cost at least $400 with the exception of B-52. B-52 cabs kick major ass. Check out carvin for a great cab, they are celestion loaded and priced very reasonably.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
My friend owns a B-52 cab, I heard they are good but are built crappy. Alot of people complain that they fall apart.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
My friend owns a B-52 cab, I heard they are good but are built crappy. Alot of people complain that they fall apart.

Thats BS, i have the lowest end model cab, the LG412 for about a year, i take it to 4 different band practices every week, in the back of a truck, it slides around and gets hit hard and doesn't have any damage to the speakers at all, cosmetically it has a few scratches, a tear, and one of the corners came off, but all this was my fault being in a hurry.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Anyone else have experiences with B-52? My friend also has the LG412 and I may start a band with him, it'd be cool to have matching amps (Besides his crappy head)
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Anyone else have experiences with B-52? My friend also has the LG412 and I may start a band with him, it'd be cool to have matching amps (Besides his crappy head)

Well i might as well tell you the tonal qualities about it.

The LG-412 is a very large cabinet, as large as the mesa 412s, which provide for excellent bass handeling without muddiness. It will handle 7 strings down a step easily. The Speakers are like 100 watts a piece so there is no chance of having a head to blow one up. When you play thrash or clean, it will provide an extra bright clear sound if thats the way the head is. It has an airport about 2 inches tall all teh way across teh bottom of the back and it comes in handy when recording (place a mic in front and one behind and adjust as necessary) because of the mixture of the bass coming out of the back and treble/mid out the front. This cab is 8 ohms, great speakers, a little on the heavy side but overall a great deal for the money.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
+1 For an avatar 2x12

I went from head and a 4x12 half stack, to combo amps, to a 2x12 and head quarter stack and I could never be happier.
Stay away from B-52. They don't stack up to 'quality' gear. I had a guy try and trade me his B-52 half stack and $500 for my 5150, I wouldn't do it. Why? they're just crap. The tone from the head is MEH at best, they didn't look sturdy (wobbled when I wasmoving it, actually.)

Avatar are garbage. I have one, Its one of the worst pieces of equipment I've ever owned. I took the speakers out (Celestion vintage 30s) and I'm making two rectifier sized 2x12s for them. The top speaker baffle came loose and started moving back into the amp, it doesn't come w/ casters, basically it makes a loud, farty, muddy, mushy bassy mess out of any amp I own. Cheap materials (except the speakers, which is what they try to sell you on) Cheap contruction, cheap tone.

Might as well buy a nicer used cab from some store than buy a piece of **** from somewhere else.

Things to take into consideration-

Size- Traditional? Oversized?
Speakers- Makes/Models/whatever
Power Handling- Can it have enough? Is it TOO Much?
Features- Handles, corners, porting, stereo/mono etc.
Good point, genocide, I think I'm going to ask Guitar Center if they have any used equipment...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
ddue, behinger cabs are awsome, i have one and it kicks ass, so much bass my balls shake, it's fgreakign solid, and it has jensen speakers in it, can ahndle 400, its a slant. i'm serious i love it to death. I think the jensens sound better than the v30 IMO, but seriosuly, take a look into the BG412H. i dont remeebr how much it was but under 450 i beleive with tax CAD
B52 any good? my friend to me to buy a b52 half stack, soo maby the cab would be decent?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
Jensen better than celestion lol. That's a goodun. I may resort to ebay.
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Good point, genocide, I think I'm going to ask Guitar Center if they have any used equipment...

Or you could wait around until they do.

I'm not slagging on Carvin or anything, because they make pretty good cabs (I was looking to buy a Legacy 2x12 at one time..) But I'd rather go marshall or mesa because they're easier to get ahold of used.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Everybody seems to think avatars are great...I'd probably get the 212 cauce I hate to sacrifice quality cause of the expense of shipping. Oh well...Any other suggestions?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I'll try one more time. Has anyone tried the Ibanez Tone Blaster cab?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by colen
B52 any good? my friend to me to buy a b52 half stack, soo maby the cab would be decent?

I have the LG412 and it is built very sturdy. Heavy but for only like $350US, it is a pretty good deal. I only payed $200 for mine used. I would definetly consider B-52. Their stuff new comes with 5 year warranties and are built in the US. Check them out.
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Stay away from B-52. They don't stack up to 'quality' gear. I had a guy try and trade me his B-52 half stack and $500 for my 5150, I wouldn't do it. Why? they're just crap. The tone from the head is MEH at best, they didn't look sturdy (wobbled when I wasmoving it, actually.)

Avatar are garbage. I have one, Its one of the worst pieces of equipment I've ever owned. I took the speakers out (Celestion vintage 30s) and I'm making two rectifier sized 2x12s for them. The top speaker baffle came loose and started moving back into the amp, it doesn't come w/ casters, basically it makes a loud, farty, muddy, mushy bassy mess out of any amp I own. Cheap materials (except the speakers, which is what they try to sell you on) Cheap contruction, cheap tone.

Might as well buy a nicer used cab from some store than buy a piece of **** from somewhere else.

Things to take into consideration-

Size- Traditional? Oversized?
Speakers- Makes/Models/whatever
Power Handling- Can it have enough? Is it TOO Much?
Features- Handles, corners, porting, stereo/mono etc.

That's the first bad avatar report I have ever heard in my life.
I can take pictures of it if you want its a piece of ****. lol I wouldn't ever wish that upon anyone else. I'm glad I bought it SPECIFICALLY for the speakers or else I'd be pretty pissed.
Well, Guitar Center had a used Peavey XXL head on sale so I splurged on that, and being in need of a cab got some crate 412...It's decent tho, the amazingness of the XXL fills in the holes.

Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator