Hi, iv been looking at getting an all tube head, and iv come across two i like the look of - a Marshall jcm2000 dsl50, and a laney gh50l. I play in a progressive metal band, so i need a fair amount of hi gain, but im on quite a tight budget (so dual recs etc are out of the question)

Any help greatly appreciated! thanks
since they are both respected brands, asking online would not be a very good idea to decide which one is better for YOU. what you need to do is try them both out and see which suits your style and taste more.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai
Hi, iv been looking at getting an all tube head, and iv come across two i like the look of - a Marshall jcm2000 dsl50, and a laney gh50l. I play in a progressive metal band, so i need a fair amount of hi gain, but im on quite a tight budget (so dual recs etc are out of the question)

My god i am the exact same as you..... Im going for the Laney Gh 50L, it has more balls then Shane Warne
Quote by Inspired_by_Vai

Try them out and see.
I've played a few DSL's, they're very nice sounding amps.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
cool thanks for the help, i might be goin down my local music store soon, hopefully they stock both models
I love my GH50L whilst I hate all DSL's I have heard.

Decide for yourself, and listen to artists who use the amps in question.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
get a engl powerball
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i have a DSL. for a full review by me just click on my user name. its the thread titled 'joels follow up spam thread). keep in mind that mine is the 40 watt combo. but still a DSL.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
the marshall has plenty of gain. assuming you get the master volume past 4 with the gain vol cranked.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel