I got a Fender Princeton 65...It's amazing...

It sounds great with my guitar and all the effects are really good...

IF anyone is thinking of getting one DOO...
I have one. Got it for Chirstmas. I pretty much regret it.

The effects had me fooled. I thought I was getting a "uber cool awesome amp" because I didn't know anything about guitars.

But now I'm stuck with it for awhile. I've learned to use it and make the best of it, but it's really not a great amp for $400. Not a great bang for the buck. Plus, it's a solid state.

I should have got a Traynor 15W.

The bad things I've dealt with: Scooping the mids sound like crap. Also, it has a "Drive" nob, and it's a solid state. Tell me I'm wrong, but I thought SS's could only be "distorted" and tubes could be "overdriven". The amp just doesn't sound good unless the EQ are all on 10. Do anything else and it kills the tone. The Timbre filters sound like crap, except 2: the Dark, and Scoop. Those are nice.

But the cleans are awesome though. Throw on some delay, or chorus and it sounds pretty nice.

Overall, I think the amp is "okay" and a nice amp to practice with.
Last edited by Ignite at May 28, 2006,
What a way to piss out his fire and all over his camp site.
Originally posted by: rich sg
And God said unto Jesus: "Son, is there anything you want to talk about?"
And Jesus replied: "Get off my back, Dad! Judas Priest your such a frickin' homophobe! FACE!"
And so Jesus was crucified.
Good on ya! Played one a lot last year, great to noodle around on. Couldn't bring myself to hate the cleans!

Ignore the guy that can't make his playing sound good, thus blaming the amp. A good player makes a good sounding rig.
Quote by Ignite

But now I'm stuck with it for awhile. I've learned to use it and make the best of it, but it's really not a great amp for $400. Not a great bang for the buck. Plus, it's a solid state.

*cough* tube snob *cough*

Solid states can be just as good, some people (like me) also prefer them, but then amp choice is always subjective so dont listen to people who tell you that because its a tube amp its the best thing in the world. It's your personal liking.

And good for you dude, i have a friend with one of those, i like it i can get a nice sound and the effects are good aswell.