Hi, im going to get a used amp on ebay for me, and i was wondering if you had any ideas. This is the third amp thread in three days lol, but im really in a predicament. I don't have the opportunity to try out much, so i need some big brands...

Here's what i've been thinking of so far:

Fender hot rod deluxe
Randall 50 watter (Can't really remember model name)
Mesa Boogie F-50 series (Costs much more coz i cant find one on ebay, have to spend LOTS of cash on it over here)
Marshall JCM 2000 tsl602, 601, or possible dsl 401

I play hard rock, grunge ala nirvana, rock, blues + i need some great cleans. In other words, a versatile amp that packs a punch, but still manages to purr out the sweet cleans.

And please, no other suggestions. THese are the only ones i can get.

Many thanks.
probably the fender if you need great cleans. otherwise the mesa or a DSL will suit you fine.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
You buy one off ebay and you're going to get burnt out tubes and an amp that needs to be reconditioned
In the description he says he's only used it for 4-5 hours on one i've been thinking of, and he wouldn't lie risking negative feedback, would he...?
dunno. if something is wrong with it ebay can trace him and you acn go kill him if need be.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Check his feedback already. If he has a lot of feedback then he probably wants to keep his feedback high. If he only has like 4 reviews from people, then he might not care and just lie to make money.
just buy it then. chances are hes a store dealer or something.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I'd go Fender and stick some pedals in front of it. Really really nice cleans. But if you can, look around and see if you can find any used amps in your area. Shipping on ebay is always like 50-60 dollars for big amps... Go around music shops and pawn shops and look around. Good luck
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by rubberbullets
You buy one off ebay and you're going to get burnt out tubes and an amp that needs to be reconditioned

and you know this how?

i bought my jcm800 off of ebay and it works fine. i had to replace one 9 dollar preamp tube...big deal. your often getting the amp so cheap compared to what its worth that it shouldn't be a big deal to spend 60 bucks to retube it so it plays like new.

this is gonna be true for any used amp you buy...no matter if its from ebay...the pawn shop...or a music shop. be prepared to change the tubes...and thats a good thing. it'll sound so much better with new tubes anyway.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by la bamba
I'd go Fender and stick some pedals in front of it. Really really nice cleans. But if you can, look around and see if you can find any used amps in your area. Shipping on ebay is always like 50-60 dollars for big amps... Go around music shops and pawn shops and look around. Good luck

The thing is, in my country a brand new fender hotrod deluxe costs 1300. And in the US they cost 600 brand new. So getting a nearly new (according to seller "nearly unplayed") for 400 + 150 shippin here, its only 550. Thats nothing compared to buying it new