Page 5 of 85
^
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by PooKoo
have you got the tab for it?

I'd figure it out but im lazy right now.

http://www.tabopolis.com/gettab.php/21006

This should give you some idea of how its played, but it's not all right. I don't have the Guitar World which had the original tab in it.

Edit: It would be a travesty if Synster was added to the list.
Originally posted by raygreendaystud
your a fag, listen to real music like green day, you moron
Quote by Resiliance
^

I thought the reaction might be something like that.
I couldn't give a rats arse about A7x, but just wondered what you guys would say. It is fast enough to go on your list, so...
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
But surely we should have some kind of minimum... On a good day, I can easily do 15.5 nps... Doesn't mean I'm fast at all.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Um, it's all alt picking on one string I think, I'll check though.

He does it once for one set of sextuplets, then agin for 3-4 beats I think.

Like I said, I couldn't give a **** about them, just wondered what you guys would say when I posted that.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Right, here's a GP tab for it, which actually puts it at 19.4 nps (32nds at 72)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/avenged_sevenfold/beast_and_the_harlot_guitar_pro.htm

I have a feeling the TG tab would be more accurate, but the tab does let you see the sort of lick etc.

He does it for 5 sets of sextuplets in total, one group of two, then later a group of three.

The rest of the solo is 16ths, which is 10.3 nps. He keeps that speed up constantly for like 8 bars, with the groups of sextuplets thrown in the middle.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Do you mean those chromatics?

Click.
What do Herman Li and Sam Tottman come in at? The solo's in Through Fire And Flames (Dragonforce)
Proud Founder Of The Daisy Rock Rocks Club! PM me to join!
Member #7 Of The Pick Gnome Awareness Club
Quote by frenchyfungus
Right, here's a GP tab for it, which actually puts it at 19.4 nps (32nds at 72)

Uhm, unless I'm having a major mindsnap now... 32nds at 72 is 9.6nps.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by Tyler_blade
What do Herman Li and Sam Tottman come in at? The solo's in Through Fire And Flames (Dragonforce)

Why don't you ask Resi?
Originally posted by raygreendaystud
your a fag, listen to real music like green day, you moron

Quote by SnowballofDoom
32nds at 72 bpm is 9.6 nps

Yep.

Click.
think herman and sam get to 32nds at 200bpm in some of the tapping sections but thats done in harmony so yeah does that mean that they could play faster on their own ?
^No, but it's tapping really simple stuff, so it's not really counted.

Read the previous page.

Click.
Disregard this post.
I have nothing to put in here.
Last edited by Righteous at Jun 4, 2006,
Quote by Righteous
I'm pretty sure they can't play 106 nps

32nd notes, not 32 notes
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

^32nds at 200 bpm is 26.66666666666666666666667.

Click.
I screwed up! Sheesh, you guys didn't have to take like 2 seconds to respond so I could at least check myself...
I have no life! Don't judge me..
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

Not 27.7, 26.6 ... Why is everyone turning blind

But in all seriousness, so can you, doing what they do.

This is assuming the original note count and bpm is correct... I have no desire to figure it out myself.

Click.
Quote by Stratwizard
Can they really play 27.7 nps? That's pretty fast, even if it were simple licks...

Eh yeah... but I truly suck, and I can legato 24nps... granted it's simple chromatics, and it is clean, but I'd never put it on a record.

I'm pretty sure anyone can tap simple stuff at speeds like that as well as ol' Hermy and co.
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

Quote by Freepower
Cooley, 24.7, on under the influence. - legato and sweeping licks. The Picking lick is around 16nps, according to someone who?s isolated it.

That picking lick is definately faster. Sounds more like 20 nps or so to my ears.
Yeah, but "sounds like" isn't accepted

The problem is most people hear 8 nps and say "wow, I didn't know it was that slow", so they think, hey, 16 nps can't be that fast... But it is.

Just me spouting some random wisdom, don't mind me.

Click.
No I don't think it's 20 nps. People really don't get just how fast 20 nps really is... 16 nps is damn fast when alternate picked really.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I put some licks in Guitar Pro at 16 nps and then at 20 nps. When I compared them to that picking lick the 20 nps sounded more like it.

I dunno though, I might be wrong... We need a tab...
Things tend to sound slower on midi though. And vice versa for real life recordings.

Click.
Actually DragonForce claim to be able to sweep 28nps... and thats 6 string sweeping, 8 notes up 6 strings down if I remember correctly. You can say its all easy, but 6 string sweeping is never easy to be honest... Don't be prudes, put them on the list.
Quote by SnowballofDoom
Uhm, unless I'm having a major mindsnap now... 32nds at 72 is 9.6nps.

Sorry, my mindsnap.

64ths

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by Stratwizard
They'll be put on the list, if they have enough high nps.

Of which 28nps I believe puts them joint second from top of the list...
You guys can whine about how what they play is relatively simple, but please... listen to yourselves. If they can play fast, it doesn't really matter what they are playing on the whole, playing anything at over 20nps isn't easy. Unless its tapped chromatics or something like that
^In that case, put me on the list as well.

Click.
Well... no.

There are a million guitarists who can play over 20nps, but we obviously can't make a list of all of them.
The point I'm getting at is you guys shouldn't rip into DragonForce (I'd like to take this opportunity to point out I'm not a fan), the guys are incredibly talented. Not many people can play 28nps, so I think they deserve to be on the list. If they'd just sneaked in at 18nps with an easy lick then sure I'd agree... but 28nps is bloody fast.

I do however draw the line at A7X at 15nps... Zacky Vengeance and Synister Gates can sod off.
Here's the thing. I can reach 28 tapping... That's why I don't think they're very talented.

Either that, or I rule.

Click.
It would be nice to see some substantiation.

Frankly, someone else claiming that a band claim that they can play 28nps doesnt equate to solid fact.

And tbh, if we are counting single string tapping then this list can just start worshipping hammet as a virtuoso, and then if we start counting crap like that i can get in above petrucci.

We have to have some standards, including slop and relative difficulty. If we're going to count sloppy, distorted mush, then i could pull out some crap i've done which certainly fits both criteria and then some, but it's fast enough.

Imo, they should be on the list, but it should be for something worthwhile.
I have a video of JP playing Glassgow kiss (which I'm uploading right now) and he guys incredibly fast ( to me it seems like more than 14 nps) at some points. The fastest I think is around 6:45ish. I'll edit this post or make a new post when it's finished uploading.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!