my local store carries electro harmonix tubes and i'm needing some el34's to replace the ones i have now.

anyone have experience with the EH el34? i hear its the perfect tube for classic rock so it should be ok but wondering if everyone else has had good experiences with them. this shop sells them for 30 bucks even so its about as cheap as you can get for a matched pair of powertubes.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Hey, I've used them before in my Marshall plexi, and they sounded great. They do sound awesome for classic rock, and many other styles of music. I recommend you try them, and even if you dislike them, you're only out $30. Good luck
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
that seems pretty expensive, ive seen electro harmonix tubes online for alot cheaper than 30 bucks, however they were preamp tubes so thats probably why.
from what I hear, EH tubes are made by sovtek, but are of a higher quality

btw, remember that if your amp can be rebiased, you should rebias whenever you change power tubes. (You don't *HAVE* to, but it'll help extend the life of your tubes)
Quote by greenbox
from what I hear, EH tubes are made by sovtek, but are of a higher quality

btw, remember that if your amp can be rebiased, you should rebias whenever you change power tubes. (You don't *HAVE* to, but it'll help extend the life of your tubes)

its pretty much a have to with a marshall jcm800...

personally i don't know how to do it but my grandfather does so i'm gonna get him to. actually i think i could bias it but i do'nt have the voltage checker to match them up like he does.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by Mushok413
that seems pretty expensive, ive seen electro harmonix tubes online for alot cheaper than 30 bucks, however they were preamp tubes so thats probably why.

thetubestore.com is about as cheap as you get and they sell them for 26 bucks (matched pair)...but by the time you add in 6-7 dollars for shipping its easier and cheaper for me to just pick them up at this local music store. its about 1 minute from my morning job.

i bought preamp tubes from this place to and they sold the EH 12AX7's for 9 dollars a piece which is cheaper then you can get them online. i was very surprised.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals