Ok, so last night I was watching the Eagles on BBC 1, it was highlights from live in Melbourne farewell 1.
Just after they played Hotel California this song came on with the most amazing solo ever. The guitarist was like shaping the notes with his voice.........how? Please help me cuz it was the most amazing thing I've ever seen.
By the way if anyone has read Ant Kieids' Biography "Scar Tissue", it sounds similar to the thing that Hillel did with the tube down his throat....

It kinda sounds like the vocal thingy from the start of Living on a Prayer.
it's called a talk box.

pete frampton used it a lot too.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Thnx alot, i googled it and that was exactly what i was tlkin bout
Yeah its a talkbox, you hook it up to a seperate mic and ur guitar at the same time, they take some getting used to and are pretty expensive
do u hav 2 hook it up 2 a mic? or can u just play it like with any other pedal?
That's Joe Walsh and his talk box, it's an effect pedal that you talk into.. funky sound. You can google talk box for more info.

Edit: I see I was beat to the punch on this one, had the window open for quite a while. I don't think you need a mic, it has some tube or something.. not exactly sure.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Last edited by Spydr at May 28, 2006,
My dad recorded that for me, it was pretty good, that guys awsome he feels every note he plays...very good.
Quote by Spydr
That's Joe Walsh and his talk box, it's an effect pedal that you talk into.. funky sound. You can google talk box for more info.

Edit: I see I was beat to the punch on this one, had the window open for quite a while. I don't think you need a mic, it has some tube or something.. not exactly sure.
ok. The guitar's sound is sent through a tube which leads into your mouth. You move your mouth to form words with the sound. The sound exits your mouth and is sent through a microphone and amplified so we all can hear it. Simple . I have one, you don't necessarily need a mic, unless you plan on using it in a show or something.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Listen to Joe Walsh's "Rocky Mountain Way" he uses it for a while in there, it sounds pretty sick
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
^^that's the song that the threadstarter was referring to in the first place
Quote by Thefallofman
Woot i was at that gig! good song

(just thought i'd share that)
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
Quote by BrainDamage
^^that's the song that the threadstarter was referring to in the first place

ahh, i read over the "just after" hotel california
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Quote by wilty00
Personally I love the talkbox but only when used in moderation.
I agree, unless, of course you are Joe Perry, because he can do whatever the fuck he wants

No, but seriously. I think Frampton might have overdone it just a tad, I love it in Sweet Emotion and it also adds a cool touch to the late 70s live Walk This Way.
Quote by Thefallofman