I have a really wierd thing going.. You see, if i play with a pick for more than 5 minutes i get worse playing. Like, im sitting playing the minor pentatonic, and the pic gets warm and clammy, and after a while, i can't do the thing through half as fast as i did when the pick was "newly selected". So i take a new pick, and suddenly im going at full speed again. Whats the deal with that?
sweaty hands? the pick gets sweaty and slippery etc. it happens to me if I play for a long time, you could just wipe it off or switch picks like you said, though 5 minutes is pretty often.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
No it doesn't get slippery at all, just warm and clammy. OR if it gets slippery, its so small a fraction that idon't notice it. I think its just because it gets so warm

Does there excist special pics that heat more slowly?
Yea, how can you say that its "clammy", but then deny its slippery? I'd say you should either put a little bit of chalk dust on your fingers that hold the pick, or just buy like 10 picks and have them infront of you ready to change.

edit : clammy : Disagreeably moist, Damp and unpleasant

It could also be sort of a placebo thing were you just think you play badly with a pick after you've used it for a while, and therefore you do. How long have you been playing guitar for?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at May 28, 2006,
Lol, that placebo theory seems pretty scary for some reason... I've played for 8 months..

Just because its a little damp doesn't mean its so damp that its slippery..

Ill try some chalk or some other stuff Thanks
What picks do you use?
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by guitarforever<3
Lol, that placebo theory seems pretty scary for some reason... I've played for 8 months..

Just because its a little damp doesn't mean its so damp that its slippery..

Ill try some chalk or some other stuff Thanks

Lawl, arent you the guy who bought the Gibby? Wheres it at in your gear O.o

Maybe your just allways slow, and the pick has no variance on that!
lol... all my picks are fenders... :P fender mediums pwn 4 life.

you might try the dunlop nylon ones though, they might be good.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
Lawl, arent you the guy who bought the Gibby? Wheres it at in your gear O.o

Maybe your just allways slow, and the pick has no variance on that!

And aren't you the moron who said that gibson les pauls were the worst guitars ever made? Crawl back to your ****hole.

I use dunlop btw, and while they're chalked when i buy them, it just wears off. Thanks for the advice.
Quote by guitarforever<3
And aren't you the moron who said that gibson les pauls were the worst guitars ever made? Crawl back to your ****hole.

I use dunlop btw, and while they're chalked when i buy them, it just wears off. Thanks for the advice.

And hey, isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion? Crawl back in your asshole.

*Don't take this offensively. You were just yelling at a guy for having his own opinion, and that's not cool.*
Quote by guitarforever<3

'

Don't think so. I was the guy who told you you didnt diserve a guitar of that calibur

Learn to read pl0z
Try sandpapering the surface of your picks.

If that doesn't work, drill 2 small holes in them.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Try Clayton picks. I had the same problem and they helped a lot. Not that it's gone, but they really helped. I prefer the triangle picks because of my big fingers.
Trying finding that one online store that makes picks out of metals. Copper, nickel, silver. I know i've seen it somewhere.
Quote by Evian
And hey, isn't everyone entitled to their own opinion? Crawl back in your asshole.

*Don't take this offensively. You were just yelling at a guy for having his own opinion, and that's not cool.*

Are you blind? He was ****ing saying i was a crappy guitar player without ever having heard me play. You're the same kind of ****dard as him then?

Quote by adhuv
doesnt he not even have a Gibson LP and has a Epi LP as his sig says

I had a gibson but i returned it on the grounds of not being worth it. But that other idiot (johnny) was insulting me for being an idiot just because i said i loved the les pauls. Before i bought the gibson, that is.
Quote by adhuv
doesnt he not even have a Gibson LP and has a Epi LP as his sig says

He had a thread about two weeks ago saying how he had just bought a Gibson (I think it was a custom shop) for around 2500$. Than he said how hes been playing for 6 months...

Than, he basicly bashed anyone saying ANYTHING slightly bad about gibson, or the fact he doesnt yet diserve one.

After 5 or so of us asking for soundclips, he gave up and stopped posting.
Quote by PenumbralFigure
Trying finding that one online store that makes picks out of metals. Copper, nickel, silver. I know i've seen it somewhere.

I can't imagine that being too good for the strings. I use Jim dunlop picks, the really thin (.38-.46) ones have a sort of design/ribbed surface where I hold them and they NEVER fall out of my hands or get slippery.
Quote by Johnnyboy66
He had a thread about two weeks ago saying how he had just bought a Gibson (I think it was a custom shop) for around 2500$. Than he said how hes been playing for 6 months...

Than, he basicly bashed anyone saying ANYTHING slightly bad about gibson, or the fact he doesnt yet diserve one.

After 5 or so of us asking for soundclips, he gave up and stopped posting.

Just so everyone can see what a moronic dickface you are, i brought the thread back so everyone can read all my posts. The thread is called "gibson les paul classic review", so if anyone cares (No one probably will) you can just read my posts and see where i was "bashing" anyone disagreeing.

Johnyy, seriously, you're ****ed up.
Quote by guitarforever<3
Just so everyone can see what a moronic dickface you are, i brought the thread back so everyone can read all my posts. The thread is called "gibson les paul classic review", so if anyone cares (No one probably will) you can just read my posts and see where i was "bashing" anyone disagreeing.

Johnyy, seriously, you're ****ed up.

O.o, if you notice, I didnt post in that one, it was a different one which I now forget the name of. Reguardless, I will find it.

EDIT:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=360363
Last edited by Johnnyboy66 at May 28, 2006,
Unlike you, i remember the one. Will bring it back in a bit ****face.

Edit: its gone. Nevermind.
Last edited by guitarforever<3 at May 28, 2006,