I am a huge metallica fan and play realy close to exclusively metallica and pantera and i was wondering if this guitar would get me the right sound? i know james uses EMG 81/60 pups but i dunno if i could play solos on this? (i've never played this guitar so i dunno)
\

so ya wondering if could get right sound + if i could solo with it (like kirks solos not the slow mop one)
of course. any esp is great for heavier things
This is what you get.
This is what you get.
This what you get when you mess with us.
I got to play this at a guitar center a week ago and this thing ****ing screams~~~buy it!!!
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
If you wanna play metallica or pantera properly youre gonna need a floyd rose Im afraid. But for anything wthout a trem, the EX will kick ass
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Last edited by PT 2 DOOR RULE at May 28, 2006,
You can play solos on *any* guitar. As long as it has strings.

That said, you can't really play Metallica or Pantera solos without a Floyd Rose, so you may want to look at the M400 and the MH400, with a trem swap down the road.
Quote by skateguitar7654
of course. any esp is great for heavier things

including their x-tone series
Quote by thelastdeath
I am a huge metallica fan and play realy close to exclusively metallica and pantera and i was wondering if this guitar would get me the right sound? i know james uses EMG 81/60 pups but i dunno if i could play solos on this? (i've never played this guitar so i dunno)
\

so ya wondering if could get right sound + if i could solo with it (like kirks solos not the slow mop one)

I have the older EX-351 that I've modded to EX-400 specs (EMG 81/60, Earvana, etc) and it's an excellent guitar. It has a great tone and feel. And as far as Explorer (or Explorer-esque) guitars go, this one has a geat neck joint and fairly easy upper fret access, so solos shouldn't really be any problem.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor