Hi
i wanted to ask if anyone knows which settings i have to dial in my chorus pedal to get the ****in awesome sound of the Paradise City intro from Guns N Roses.
that thread is really useless...its so long and bloated its impossible to find anything of use as far as effects go.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by rosegunner
Hi
i wanted to ask if anyone knows which settings i have to dial in my chorus pedal to get the ****in awesome sound of the Paradise City intro from Guns N Roses.

what amp are you using...what other pedals...what guitar?

to the best of my knowledge slash has never used a chorus pedal to play paradise city.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Bridge pickup with a fair amount of reverb.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
it's a delay.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Slash had ****ty clean tone anyways...just let it go

But yeah, IIRC it's just a bunch of reverb/delay(I forgot which.)
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Izzy Stradlin, do you mean?
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
^^^ no he doesn't. Did you ever see Izzy play the Paradise City intro?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
I thought that was the way it was recorded. My bad
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
thanks for the tips. I bought aguitar magazine and in there hey said that you need a chorus pedal. Whether that´s true or not could anyone of you guys post settings for a delay pedal that would recreate that sound (gpderek,do you know sumthin???maybe??????
Quote by rosegunner
thanks for the tips. I bought aguitar magazine and in there hey said that you need a chorus pedal. Whether that´s true or not could anyone of you guys post settings for a delay pedal that would recreate that sound (gpderek,do you know sumthin???maybe??????

on the record when hes strumming GCDC for the intro theres probably a touch of chorus...but live he never used it. for the intro riff...im pretty sure its just a jcm800 with lots of reverb.
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
ok i just checked a couple issues of guitar wolrd and guitar one that i have that transcribed paradice city. G1 says lightdelay, GW says chorus. no settings for either.

i'd try a very subtile slapback delay with a slight bit of modulation (chorus)
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
The cleans for GN'R aren't exactly incredible, honestly all you need is bridge pickup + quite a bit of reverb and a tiny bit of chorus.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
ok thanks for the tips. if anyone where on the damn internet i can find settings that would provide the sught after sound i would be grateful for every link.P.S. I have a Fender G-Dec and an Ibanez 15 watts amp
Oh yeah and how about the clean sound on the intro of the Lies version of You're Crazy?
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by OneHappyCamper
Oh yeah and how about the clean sound on the intro of the Lies version of You're Crazy?

isn't the lies album all acoustic?
Quote by deg0ey

Gear:

Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
^^^... nope... half of it is, the other half is live like a suicide
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
Remember that Slash's live tone is always different to his studio tone. In the studio he uses a bunch of cool effects, so while he may not have a chorus pedal, he would've likely used a studio chorus for the album.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
I'm don't remember the settings off the top of my head. However, he did not use a chorus in the studio, he used a fender rollaway amp. Like a dual reverb I think. But he does use a chorus for live shows. He used the mxr stereo chorus for the 2010 tour and the mxr analogue chorus this latest tour. Here is a link to a website dedicated to his setup if you have anymore questions

http://www.slashparadise.com/equipment/live-gear-slash-solo-tour.php
Useless necrobump. There's definitely a chorus in the intro. You can hear it. Don't use your eyes, use your ears!
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115