Hey i was just wondering how frusciante gets a certain effect he uses quite a bit in the new album. It the sound like the one he gets at the end of the solo of dani california. (Keidis does some weird face, well just stretches his mouth,thing during this part of the song in the video if that helps clarify what part im talkin about)

Is it a certain effect he uses to get this sound? what gear would i need to recreate it? Thanx alot in advance
yeah i know what you mean

im no genius when it comes to these things, so if you ask me, put your distortion/overdrive on full blast to get that certain sound
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
have no idea, but frusciante rocks though

whoooooooooooooo
you can't know what's enough until you know what's more than enough
^That guy's right, he just turns on his wah pedal and puts it in a trebly position to boost the highs
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
I think he means the very brief sound effect before the solo, not the sound FOR the solo. I have no idea how to get that noise, but it sounds like theres phaser in there.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
I think he means the very brief sound effect before the solo, not the sound FOR the solo. I have no idea how to get that noise, but it sounds like theres phaser in there.

ya it sounded to me like there was just a phaser thrown on the drums for the big drum fill
Guitars: Les paul standard faded(wcr crossroad pickups), SG special(wcr crossroads) Roadhouse strat, G&L ASAT, Mahogany Strat (P90 and SD JB)

Amps: Vox AC-15 w/celestion blue, Vox AC-4tv, Orange tiny terror head, Ampeg Reverberrocket.
i know exactly what he means.

the part where keidis screws up his face and is sort of mimicking the sound is when john activates the phaser while theres a bit of noise which gets phased!

the gear to recreate it would be a phaser

edit: so u know im on about the right part it sort of sounds like waves?
I know that he usually uses a DS-2 turbo distortion, theres a sight out there that tells you all the gear, but he definitely uses a distortion and a wah pedal.
Dunlop Crybaby Multi wah and an over drive pedal...DS-2
MY gear:
Ibanez Jetking II
Ibanez Acustic
Kustom lead III 2x12
Big muff Pi
Dunlop Original Crybaby