right, I want a new amp, and am thinking of getting the Vox AD100-VT. Does anyone think, just straight away, that this is a bad idea. I play blues (Clapton), satchy stuff (Satriani), but also Metallica, will this do the job? Also, is it at all like the Vox Tonelab, cos I played that at the London Guitar Show, and LOVED it, and if it is, then thats the end of this......
thanks
JM
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The vox is a very good amp, although it doesnt sound good with effects pedals, but if you want that good british warm distortion, then go for it
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
i have a VOX AD30, it's pretty good, i think it's the same as the AD100 except a lot smalles, it comes with some good effects too.
Quote by SG6578
The vox is a very good amp, although it doesnt sound good with effects pedals, but if you want that good british warm distortion, then go for it

I'm going to diagree, the smaller ad series amps don't have an effects loop, and the AD100VT does, from the time i've played an AD100VT with effects it actually sounds quite good
will it get recto type tones?
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
^ recto tones on a vox, I'm no expert, but I think not, dont take my word on t tho... maybe I'm wrong
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

It's a modelling amp, I'd at least expect that it has a recto model. How good it sounds, I can't really say.
The recto sound is rather fizzy and loose. If you want tight and defined crunch you need to do some pedal and speaker swap magic.
^Or you can use the Soldano model. Or the JCM800 model.