img onna get some new pickups for my strat soon, its routed H-S-H an i was wondering what pups i should get? should i stay s-s-s with some high output singles or go h-s-h an either way what pups should i get? perferably under 200$usd for all
Dont fill the single coil spot and put in EMG 81 in the bridge and an 85 in the neck
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Wow somebodys a metallica fan...
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005
If its a fender strat that realativley new(abotu a year) it should already be routed for HSH.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I just put a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge on my strat and its working out really well. And I play alot of metalish type stuff like Ax7.Shadows Fall,Pantera so you might wanna check into it. Ive heard alot of bad stuff about alot of the heavier seymours, esp. the invaders and dimebucker
Ok pup suggestions: Bridge: EVO,Tone Zone, Humbucker from Hell,X2N,super distortion

Neck:PAF PRO, PAF JOE, EVO NECK

Middle: YJM(nice and clear).

I
Make it HSS, keep the singles (Fender Singles are orgasmic) and get a good bucker, Super Distortions are pretty good, though alot of people dont like them.
Duncan Invaders, Dimes, full shred, EMG81 etc seem to be too trebly for an alder/maple strat style the Dimarzio Super Distortion has added bass and mids with the treble rolled back a bit and should suit that strat style well. Countless metal guys have used them with strats styles, Vinnie Moore, Dave Murray Iron Maiden etc. They sound good in Les Pauls too, Al Dimeola, Ace Frehley etc
The tone zone is the same way^. More mids and Bass. Great for bright woods.
And the tone zone can deliver a ballsy enough tone for metal
Quote by CustomCustom
Duncan Invaders, Dimes, full shred, EMG81 etc seem to be too trebly for an alder/maple strat style the Dimarzio Super Distortion has added bass and mids with the treble rolled back a bit and should suit that strat style well. Countless metal guys have used them with strats styles, Vinnie Moore, Dave Murray Iron Maiden etc. They sound good in Les Pauls too, Al Dimeola, Ace Frehley etc

actually i rather like EMG's in alder bodies
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
^ its preference but the majority of people dont tend to like em. IMO its too thin and bright sounding in alder , like on the ESP MII and KH 2. But i do happen to like EMGS in basswood so im a bit crazy , hehe.

Yea and a paf.
just a normal paf. For the paf spectrum of output it goes Paf>Paf Joe( my personal favorite)>Paf Pro. Pro is highest out of of em but has the "worst" cleans of em. I tend to liek joe because its a combo of the two. Clear, clean and quiet powerful
PAF. It does 50- early 70's stuff great.
Nah. the PAF is rather low output for an HB. Its about 202 Milivolts. While the average Single coil is about 100 something.