I need an instumental song for my nephews baptism. I've been playing for over two years and I need something nice to play in the church. Are there any sites with just instrumental music on them? Also, specific song suggestions would be good. Thanks.
Gear
72 Telecaster Deluxe
Fender GA43SCE
Fender Ultimate Chorus amp
Crybaby 535 Q
Steve Vai - Building the church!
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
there's a book:
Hanon for Guitar
there are several songs...
or bach...fugue in DM
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Damn, i was gonna say Vai!!!

LOL

I'll say it anyway - Building The Church - Vai
well i play 4 baptisms and masses all the time and if you want a background type of song or watever... pachelbels canon in d would be good .u can use it for anything like that.
your once gentle words are bleeding from my eyes ,screams of terror now fill my every breath...
Damn. If you were looking for just a song in general to sing with I would have mentioned the acoustic version of "Is this the end" by Creed. The lyrics are different than the original and mention the crucifiction and stuff.
Quote by kpasa01
Damn. If you were looking for just a song in general to sing with I would have mentioned the acoustic version of "Is this the end" by Creed. The lyrics are different than the original and mention the crucifiction and stuff.

just because a song mentions the crucifixion doesnt neccesarily make it appropriate for a baptism.

how about 'eternal' by P.O.D.? well more specifically, jason truby (P.O.D) and phil keaggy. i think its a beautiful piece of music
i need to get a better signature.
^^^Actually there is a similarity between the crucifiction and baptism. The whole thing about being dunked under (burrial) and coming up from the water (ressurrection). Have you listened to the lyrics for the acoustic version?? It would really go with a baptism. Just the whole concept of Christ's sacrifice. But thats just my opinion. Here's the lyrics incase you want to read over them.

The rage in my eyes
Could have compared to the eye of the sun
Then rage Took it's course through the hands of the son
Revenge for all time
The world is at war leaving all fault behind

And I ask so
Is this the end
for us my friend
So, is this the end
for us my friend

The stains on his side
Cover the sins of mankind and his pride
That night, he died
But rose once again to sit down by his side

He reigns for all time
Taking the keys back for your life
And mine

And I ask so
Is this the end for us my friend
So, is this the end for us my friend
So, is this the end for us my friend, oh yeah

But as the wind rides
As the day breaks the dawn
And as the moon hides the sun, oh the sun
No more sorrow, oh your crying days are gone
No more sorrow, now its gone, now its gone

They're gone
They're gone
They're gone

And I ask so
Is this the end for us my friend

Quote by kpasa01
^^^Actually there is a similarity between the crucifiction and baptism. The whole thing about being dunked under (burrial) and coming up from the water (ressurrection). Have you listened to the lyrics for the acoustic version?? It would really go with a baptism. Just the whole concept of Christ's sacrifice.

i know. i was baptised last february
i didnt read the accoustic lyrics, i couldnt really find them. the title 'is this the end' just sounded a bit pessimistic and dreaded thats all. baptism is a confirmation that no, it isnt the end. i dunno. i still say eternal by p.o.d. would be gr8 to play.
Quote by RevRock
Highway to Hell -AC/DC

thats REALLY insensitive. please grow up and think about wot uve just said, in the light of the topic.
Quote by StJimmy
I need an instumental song for my nephews baptism. I've been playing for over two years and I need something nice to play in the church. Are there any sites with just instrumental music on them? Also, specific song suggestions would be good. Thanks.

"Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring" by one of those classical dudes (Bach?), which became history's greatest rock instrumental when it appeared as "Joy" by Apollo 100 in 1972. You may even find it in any guitar instruction books you have, but surely a store equipped with Gospel sheet music should be able to help you out. It is pretty easy to play.

Also you might try here. Do well.
Quote by kpasa01
^^^Actually there is a similarity between the crucifiction and baptism. The whole thing about being dunked under (burrial) and coming up from the water (ressurrection). Just the whole concept of Christ's sacrifice. But thats just my opinion.

I disagree. What you stated is a whole lot more than just opinion.
^^Well, thank you. Usually I tend to just look for disagreement. I'm a bit pesamistic when it comes to others opinions of my own opinions. Other than that I'm a pretty half full glass guy. But, I've learned to deal with it. If you can't be happy with yourself then you wont be happy at all.
Quote by kpasa01
^^^Actually there is a similarity between the crucifiction and baptism. The whole thing about being dunked under (burrial) and coming up from the water (ressurrection).

the going down and coming up from the water is symbolising someone's sins washed away by God's grace, the old life has 'died' and a new life has sprung. its more representing one's own faith in God, rather than representing God, im pretty sure.
but anyway, bit off topic.
What about something by Justin King? Knock on Wood sounds fantastic if you can pull it off.
Originally posted by kornrules09
well if it comes with pick, I say get it!
Quote by MATTTHEMOP
thats REALLY insensitive. please grow up and think about wot uve just said, in the light of the topic.

What do you wanna do, sit around and hold hands and talk about our feelings? Idiot. Get a life, it's called a joke. Especially when you consider the alcoholics, drug addicts, and general other bad people who wrote the songs that others are mentioning. Reality is a B**** ain't it bud?
Quote by RevRock
What do you wanna do, sit around and hold hands and talk about our feelings? Idiot. Get a life, it's called a joke. Especially when you consider the alcoholics, drug addicts, and general other bad people who wrote the songs that others are mentioning. Reality is a B**** ain't it bud?

im aware its a joke. but this is someone's baptism. if u actually understood wot that means to those who willingly get baptised, for a purpose, for their beliefs, u would rethink wot u said. jokes are fine, but there are lines that shouldnt be crossed.

anyway i dont want to have an argument, we're going off topic.
^^Yea, I forgot about thousand foot crutch. They are a christian rock band. You could try something by Skillett. They have a great song called "A little more" that would be great.