sup guys, I was out as Sam Ash yesterday and I was looking at amps... Spider II's... yawn... Marshall MG's... yawn.... whoa, what's this? a sweet old Peavey, the "Bandit 65", tried it out, and it was LOUD, like it defintiely sounded like way more than 65 watts, then the guy there told me it had like a 200 watt draw, and I was like "oh". it's pretty sweet, I think, yknow sweet old 80's-ness. And it was only $200. And I've been looking an amp of that size for said price... what do you guys know/think about said amplifiers of guitar?

PS: I forgot to mention, I've got a Boss OS-2 for extra od/distortion pwnage.
PPS: I also forgot to mention, my axe has duncans in it so no worries there either
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Last edited by PapaDelicious at May 28, 2006,
call me a noob, but whats pwnage?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
ownage with a capital P. duh.

there was another (new) one that caught my eye that I didn't think was so bad, a 60 watt two channel hartke with a tube preamp. It sounded all right. I've heard they make good bass amps, but idk about their guitar amps.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
Quote by PapaDelicious
ownage with a capital P. duh.

there was another (new) one that caught my eye that I didn't think was so bad, a 60 watt two channel hartke with a tube preamp. It sounded all right. I've heard they make good bass amps, but idk about their guitar amps.

Yea i have the Hartke. Its a GT60C. Its pretty nice. I actually like it. It sounds almost as good as the Fender Blues Junior and Peavey Classic 30 which are both all tube amps. Did you try it?
^sweet. I didn't really get to explore it 'cause my dad wanted to go get lunch. I haven't been able to find much of anything in the way of reviews on it though, either here or at harmony-central. But if you could tell me about it that'd be cool
how does it sound cranked up? (and is it loud enough for small-medium gigs?)
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
Its very loud. Cranked, I havent cranked it yet. I have gotten maybe at the most to 3 when I had OD on. Its only tube preamp, so cranking it doesnt overdrive it. There is a "Crunch" control for Channel 1 which controls the overdrive. The overdrive is pretty nice. It can get a little harsh though when set high. On the second channel, there is a gain control that adds a heavier distortion/overdrive. Its not a really well known amp though because its kindof new and people dont recognize it. I returned my Roland Cube 60 because I was having a little bit of problems with it and I tried the Vox Valvetronix 50watt amp which I didnt like. Then I came to the Hartke, played it and thought it sounded pretty good. I asked the guy for the price and nearly $*** my pants when he told me it was only like $250.

You can hear some sound clips on my Dmusic. They are really crappy recordings and I am showing the different sounds with cheasy riffs. aparrafect.dmusic.com
They will give you a bit of an idea though.
yeah, I tried the voxad50vt, but I didn't think it was worth all that money. I don't really need fancy effects or amp models. heh, I'm gonna have to head back and play around with it more.
and yeah those riffs are kinda cheesy :P sweet site tho.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
haha yea they are cheasy. i didnt know what to record myself playing that was only a short clip of it so I decided on cheasy little riffs. Tell me what you find out about the amp, and what you think of it when you try it.
Quote by Ibzman
I'd take the peavey rather than Line 6 or the marshall MG's

Same, the Line 6 sounds to computerized and the Marshall MG's are very unreliable, also you can use the Peavey in shows because of it's power.